Institute Name: IISER Pune
Apply By: 01 Aug 2019
Course title: Application Invited for Ph.D. Programme 2019
Deadline: 1st August 2019
The Ph.D. programme at IISER Pune is a blend of classroom curriculum and mentoring undergraduate students along with a major research component. IISER Pune admits students to doctoral programme in Biology, Chemistry, Earth and Climate Sciences, Mathematics, Physics, Humanities & Social Sciences and inter-disciplinary areas of research.
Students with a Master’s degree in Science / Mathematics or a four-year Bachelor degree with at least 60% marks (aggregate) are encouraged to apply to our Ph.D. programme. In addition to the qualifying degree, we expect the students to have qualified a national examination such as CSIR-UGC NET/GATE/JEST/NBHM/JGEEBILS, etc. depending on their area of research interest. Students will be selected to the Ph.D. programme based on performance in the interviews.
- Only online applications will be accepted.
- The candidates must carefully fill and submit the online application form on or before the specified date.
- After the last date, all applications will be screened and candidates selected for interviews will be intimated by email.
All communication with candidates will be by email only.
Kindly check this website for periodic updates.
In case of any application-related queries, please contact email@example.com with your application number mentioned in the subject line.
Candidates who are appearing or are about to appear for final examinations of the qualifying degree program are eligible to apply for a Ph.D. program. However, if selected, admission to the Ph.D. program would be conditional upon their completing the qualifying degree with the defined marks criteria, before 1st August 2019.
Selection will be based on interviews of the short-listed candidates.
Only those candidates who meet both the criteria below may apply online for the Ph.D. programme in Biology (Ecology and Evolution).
- Qualified GATE (Ecology) with a score that is valid on August 01, 2019. Please note that any other GATE (e.g. Life Sciences etc.) will NOT be considered for this purpose.
- Minimum 60% marks in aggregate (not only in majoring subject) or CGPA 6 out of 10 point scale (55% or equivalent CGPA in aggregate for SC/ST) in Master’s Degree in any branch of Science: Physics / Chemistry / Mathematics / Biological Sciences Ecology & Environmental Sciences / Biodiversity / Psychology or equivalent. BE / B.Tech / M.Tech or MBBS degree holders may also apply.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd