Institute Name: IISER Kolkata
Apply By: 15 Jun 2019
Course title: Applications invited for BS-MS (Dual-Degree) programmes
Deadline: 15th June 2019
To promote high-quality science education, research, and training, Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India, has set up seven Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISERs) at Berhampur, Bhopal, Kolkata, Mohali, Pune, Thiruvananthapuram, and Tirupati.
BS-MS (Dual Degree)
It is a five-year degree program for bright and motivated science students who have passed class 10+2 or equivalent. The program integrates classroom learning with research and provides ample scope for multidisciplinary interactions. The program consists of core courses in basic sciences and specialization in chosen subjects along with an MS research project. The training during the program enables students to pursue careers in academia, R&D institutes, and industries.
Additionally, IISER Bhopal offers four year BS programmes in Economics and Engineering Sciences. Mathematics at 10+2 level is mandatory for candidates seeking admission to both these BS programmes.
KVPY scholars admitted to IISERs would draw fellowship as per KVPY norms. In addition, a limited number of INSPIRE scholarships will be available for candidates admitted through JEE Advanced and SCB channel as applicable as per the norms prescribed by DST INSPIRE scheme. This supersedes all earlier announcements regarding scholarship.
- Highly competent and motivated faculty in various disciplines with a passion for science
- Integrated undergraduate teaching with cutting-edge research across disciplines
- Upcoming eco-friendly green campuses with appropriate infrastructure
- Library with online resources, books, and research journals
- State of the art teaching and research facilities
- Sports and recreational facilities
- Hostel facility for all students
There are three channels of admission. Candidates will be admitted to IISER only through these channels.
- Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) channel
- Joint Entrance Examination (JEE-Advanced) of the Indian Institutes of Technology
- State and Central Boards Channel (SCB)
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd