Organization: Telangana State Innovation Cell ,Government of Telengana
Apply By: 24 Feb 2019
Government Of Telangana Fellowship Program - 2019
Government of Telangana Fellowship program hosted by Telangana State Innovation Cell (TSIC) is a 1-year long (minimum) program for young graduates/ professionals from reputed colleges / organizations to promote innovation and entrepreneurship in the State. It's a great opportunity to work alongside Government of Telangana.
About Telangana State Innovation Cell :
Telangana State Innovation Cell has been set up in 2017 with a three-fold mandate:
- To promote a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship in the entire State
- To promote innovation in Govt. departments and organizations
- To build a culture of innovation from early on (school stage)
It is led by the Chief Innovation Officer (CIO) of the State, Mr. Phanindra Sama (Co-founder and Ex-CEO of redBus.in) and supported by a team of innovation fellows.
About the Program
The Innovation Cell Fellowship Program has been conceptualized with a vision to bring in young and energetic professionals with lots of ideas to work on nurturing innovation and entrepreneurship in the State. The fast-paced nature of work necessitates the requirement of people who can bring in fresh ideas and work independently to ensure that they are delivered.
During the course of the fellowship, the fellows will develop stakeholder and project management skills, gain first-hand experience and work on large-scale issues with the Government. The first 4 weeks in the program will be spent on learning about the existing projects of the State Innovation Cell, identifying opportunities and conceptualizing new projects to accomplish the objectives of the State Innovation Cell. The next 11 months will be spent on detailing out and executing the projects.
Roles & Responsibilities of a Fellow
A Fellow will be an integral part of the Innovation Cell, reporting directly to the CIO on strategic engagements and can expect significant interaction with external stakeholders.
A Fellow’s role would be to:
- Support the Innovation Cell on specific projects by taking complete ownership from conceptualisation to execution.
- Drive decision making through critical/thorough analysis.
- Add value to the Innovation Cell by conceptualizing innovative ideas, and deliver satisfactory results.
- This is a paid fellowship.
- The role is a full-time position based out of Hyderabad, or any other town in Telangana.
Focus Areas of the Innovation Cell
- Innovation Policy & IPR: Implementation of the Policy and scrutinization of the incentive applications received under the policy and to promote awareness about IPR so as to increase patent filing.
- Community and Startup Ecosystem Building: Enable startup communities in the state to engage all the players of the ecosystem and build programs that would help in the fostering of the ecosystem.
- Incubators & Accelerators: Facilitating and setting up more focussed and specialised academic and corporate incubators that will support more startups, innovation challenges and help in the capacity building.
- E-Cell activation in Colleges: Working with colleges across the state to activate E-Cells and to enable the development of the local innovation ecosystem.
- Rural Innovators: Working with grassroots and rural innovators to apply for various government schemes. Building and enabling innovation and entrepreneurship ecosystem beyond Hyderabad.
- Innovation at School stage: Enabling students to become Innovators by facilitating Bootcamps, Training programs to bring out their creativity and curiosity.
- Passion to serve society.
- Bachelor's degree in Arts/Commerce/Basic Sciences/Law/ Engineering.
- 1-3 years of work experience in any sector.
- Amicable managerial skills and experience in leading projects/teams at least at the organization /college level.
- Collaborative mindset and a knack to constantly learn; must be able to work and take decisions independently to drive projects.
- Last but not the least, a doer
- Last date to apply - 11:59 pm, 24th February, 2019.
- Date of announcement of shortlisted candidates - 4th March, 2019.
- Date of Joining - 1st April, 2019.
● Is this a government job?
- No, this is not a government job. It is a paid fellowship for a year.
●Is there any age limit to apply for the fellowship?
- Anybody who is 18 years old and above can apply for the fellowship. There is no upper age limit.
●Is the fellowship restricted to Indian citizens?
- No, the fellowship is not restricted to Indian citizens. Anybody above the age of 18 years and passionate to work for the society can apply.
●Can I apply for a part-time role?
- Yes, you can apply for a part-time role as a volunteer and help team TSIC execute programs.
Interested candidates can apply by visiting www.teamtsic.org
Have any questions? Write to us at email@example.com