Organization: Young Water Solutions
Apply By: 24 Mar 2019
APPLY TO THE YOUNG WATER FELLOWSHIP 2019
The Young Water Fellowship Program (YWF), implemented by the international NGO Young Water Solutions, empowers young entrepreneurs to lead the solutions to water issues in their communities, by offering them a year of support consisting of training, mentorship and seed-funding (of up to €5000) for their water and sanitation initiatives.
For its YWF 2019 Young Water Solutions will offer 10 young entrepreneurs (‘’Fellows’’) the possibility to participate in a one-month start-up training in Europe delivered by Cewas. Fellows will also be assigned mentors, get the chance to exponentially increase their supporting networks in the water and entrepreneurship sectors, and apply for seed-funding for the first steps of implementation of their social enterprises.
Conditions to apply
You are welcome to apply if:
• You are 18 to 30 years old at the time of the application. No exceptions are made.
• You are the founder or co-founder of an initiative that contributes to the solution of a well-defined water problem in your country. The initiative should be in its planning or initial stages and have the ability to be turned into a social business (i.e. have a long-term sustainability component or business model).
• You are a citizen and resident of a low or middle-income country (according to the DAC-definition, see countries listed in Annex 1).
• You have a valid passport (that expires after March 2020) and you are available to attend a workshop in Europe from August 3rd to September 7th 2019 (note that these dates might be subject to change). Exceptions can be made only in cases where the applicant can obtain a passport within two weeks from being selected.
• You intend to stay in your country for at least 1.5 years after the training and spend at least 15 hours per week to work on your social business.
• You have at least an intermediate knowledge of English; you are able to understand and express opinions in this language (the workshop will be held in English). However, the form can be filled in in English, French or Spanish.
• You are not a business expert. Candidates having no or basic business knowledge will benefit the most from the content delivered in the training.
Young Women are especially encouraged to apply. All training costs (flights, transportation in Europe, accommodation, meals, training and event fees) will be covered by the organizers. However, you are expected to cover your visa expenses and local transportation from and to the airport in your country of residence.
How to apply
To apply, candidates are asked to fill in an online form and upload a 2-min video.
For eligibility criteria, read the Terms of Reference here: https://bit.ly/2TVZBiO
For support to write the application, read the guidelines: https://bit.ly/2SW59xs
When you are ready, fill in the online form here.
For more information visit our website: www.youngwaterfellowship.org
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd