Organization: Khaled Bin Sultan Living Oceans Foundation
Event Duration: 08 Feb. 2019 - 22 Apr. 2019
Apply By: 22 Apr 2019
The Khaled bin Sultan Living Oceans Foundation is a non-profit environmental science organization and ocean research foundation established to help preserve, protect and restore the world’s oceans and aquatic resources through research, education, and outreach. The Foundation was established in 2000 by His Royal Highness Prince Khaled bin Sultan of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Our mission is to protect and restore ocean health by providing science-based solutions. We want to make ocean conservation a high priority and hope that our work empowers people to keep ocean resources healthy and sustainable.
About the Event:
International Student Art Contest SWB Challenge 2019.The Khaled bin Sultan Living Oceans Foundation is proud to announce the 7th annual Science Without Borders® Challenge. This international art competition engages students to promote the need to preserve, protect, and restore the world’s oceans and aquatic resources. The Science Without Borders® Challenge was created to get students and teachers interested in ocean conservation through various forms of art. This annual contest inspires students to be creative while learning about important ocean conservation issues. The Science Without Borders® Challenge is open to primary and secondary school students 11-19 years old, with scholarships of up to $500 awarded to the winning entries. The theme for the 2019 Science Without Borders® Challenge is “Connected Ocean: No Barriers, No Boundaries, and No Borders.” There are no barriers, boundaries, or borders in the ocean, and although we often list the oceans separately, they are all interconnected to each other, forming one global ocean. For this year’s contest, use your artistic talents to create a piece of artwork that illustrates how the ocean is connected.
Themes: Humans & the Ocean /Movement of Marine Organisms / Ocean Processes
- Winners of the Science Without Borders Challenge will be publicly announced. Prizes awarded to contestant winners are as follows:1st Place: $500 , 2nd Place: $350 , 3rd Place: $200
This international art competition is open to all students 11-19 years old. Students must be enrolled in primary or secondary school, or the home school equivalent. College and university students are not eligible for this contest. Work will be judged in two categories, with 1st,2nd, and 3rd place prizes awarded for each:11 – 14 year-olds ; 15 – 19 year-olds
How to Apply:
- All artwork must be an original work by the contestant and shall not infringe on any copyrights or any other rights of any third parties
- The artwork must be 2D such as a painting or drawing. Acceptable media include: paint, pencil, marker, crayon, ink, felt, and oil pastel.
- Digitally created artwork, including photographs, are not accepted.
- There are no minimum or maximum size requirements for the artwork
- All submissions must be made by an individual artist
- Participants may submit only 1 art piece.
- Write your first and last name and age in pencil on the back of your artwork. Also include the same teacher’s first and last name, email, and phone number that you listed on your Entry Form. Place your signature on the front, right-hand corner of your artwork.
- Fill out all required information on the Entry Forms (online only).
Application Deadline: April 22nd, 2019
For more information please check the Link