Organization: Environmental Association for Universities and Colleges
Event Duration: 31 May. 2019 - 30 Jul. 2019
Apply By: 29 Mar 2019
Established in 2004, the Green Gown Awards recognise the exceptional sustainability initiatives being undertaken by universities and colleges. With sustainability moving up the agenda, the Awards have become established as the most prestigious recognition of best practice within the further and higher education sector. The Green Gown Awards are administered by EAUC and each region are governed by a local cross agency steering group. The judging panel are representatives of sector organisations relevant to each region.
About the Event:
The International Green Gown Awards are supported by UN Environment and are open to any university or college across the world, if it fulfils the following criteria:
- Is your institution the most sustainable institution of the year?
- Is your institution benefitting society?
- Is your institution empowering students?
Endorsed by UN Environment, the awards is for inspirational sustainability leaders. Recognising exceptional sustainability initiatives being undertaken by the world's universities and colleges, the International Green Gown Awards set the bar and put every learning institution at the heart of delivering the UN Global Goals. The platform is delighted to announce The Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU), L’Agence universitaire de la Francophonie (AUF) and International Association of Universities (IAU) are co-hosting the International Green Gown Awards Ceremony at the High Level Political Forum in New York in July 2019. The ethos of the Green Gown Awards is to ensure the lessons and example of good practice are shared and will put universities and colleges as leaders in sustainability as well as being able to continue their learning from global leaders.
The 2019 Awards are The 2019 Awards are now open for .There is no limit on the number of applications or categories each institution can enter. Entry is free of charge.
The categories are:
- Sustainability Institution of the Year
- Benefiting Society
- Student Engagement
- Acknowledging your team's efforts – engage your staff and students
- Raising your profile and showcase your sustainability excellence via events, case studies and videos
- Helping to gain recognition from senior management
- Obtaining regional and international recognition
- Joining a network of exceptional institutions with year-long promotion for your institution
- 29 March 2019 - Application Deadline
- 31 May 2019 - Finalists announced & Video deadline for Finalists
- July 2019* – International Green Gown Awards Ceremony at the United Nations High Level Political Forum, New York hosted by The Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU), L’Agence universitaire de la Francophonie (AUF) and International Association of Universities (IAU) - Winners announced
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd