Organization: United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization
Event Duration: 03 Jun. 2019 - 09 Jun. 2019
Apply By: 31 Mar 2019
The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations (UN) based in Paris. Its declared purpose is to contribute to peace and security by promoting international collaboration through educational, scientific, and cultural reforms in order to increase universal respect for justice, the rule of law, and human rights along with fundamental freedom proclaimed in the United Nations Charter. The Asia-Pacific Centre of Education for International Understanding .The Asia-Pacific Centre of Education for International Understanding was established on 25 August 2000 by the Agreement between the Government of the Republic of Korea and the United Nations Educational Scientific and Cultural Organization on the Establishment of the Asia-Pacific Centre of Education for International Understanding. APCEIU is working in close collaboration with UNESCO Offices, National Commissions of Member States, related educational institutes, and civil society to promote Education for International Understanding (EIU) and Global Citizenship Education (GCED) towards a Culture of Peace in the Asia-Pacific region.
About the Event:
The Asia-Pacific Centre of Education for International Understanding (APCEIU) will organize the 5th Youth Leadership Workshop on GCED (Global Citizenship Education) from 3 to 9 June 2019. The one-week Workshop aims to build capacity of dynamic youth leaders around the world to identify strategies to achieve Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), specifically Target 4.7, and to carry out innovative initiatives on fostering global citizenship and human rights. While enabling participants to deepen their understanding of GCED, the Workshop allows the young leaders to play a major role and become part of a wider network of youth leaders for GCED.
During the Workshop, participants will identify specific priority issues around global citizenship and establish plans for the future direction of GCED. Working both individually and in groups, the young leaders will devise the goals and strategies for use at local and national levels. Participants will learn about specific areas such as GCED and human rights through information sessions and engage in dialogue and debates on the evolving issues. As part of the Workshop, participants will make a field visit to discuss the role of youth for a more peaceful and sustainable future.
- To deepen youth leaders’ understanding of global citizenship and human rights
- To provide a forum for participating youth leaders to discuss and establish action plans suitable for the implementation of GCED at local, national, and regional levels
- To identify innovative youth-led initiatives on GCED in different regions
- Youth participants’ capacity enhanced in implementing GCED at local and global levels
- Increased commitment of youth participants in fostering global citizenship and human rights
- Action plans developed by sub-groups for the implementation of follow-up activities
- Regional youth initiatives identified in cooperation with the GCED Youth Network
Participant Selection Criteria:
- Participants will be selected on the basis of their previous experiences, present engagement and future commitment in educating and engaging with youth for the promotion of GCED at the local and national levels.
- Applicants should meet the following requirements: Born between 1991 and 2000Citizens of the Official Development Aid (ODA) recipient countries ; Minimum 2 years of active experience in youth activities ; Completion of the e-learning course titled “Voices of Youth: Youth Advocacy for GCED” on GCED Online Campus by 31 March 2019 * Proficiency in spoken and written English
Application Deadline: 31st March 2019
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd