Organization: Azim Premji University
Event Duration: 08 Mar. 2019 - 05 May. 2019
Apply By: 05 Mar 2019
About Azim Premji University
Azim Premji University was established in Karnataka by the Azim Premji University Act 2010 as a not-for-profit University and is recognized by The University Grants Commission (UGC) under Section 2F.
About the Course:
This interdisciplinary, multi-instructor course provides an introduction to sustainability within the context of development in India. We develop an integrated perspective on sustainability along ecological and social dimensions, and use these to examine critical themes of importance to India, like population, food, and climate change. We explore how our imagination of culture, markets, state, and even of nature itself influences sustainability action. We end with examining how to take sustainability action - as individuals, communities and larger collectives, and across all scales, from the local to the global.
Participants in this fully online course are expected to watch video lectures, join interactive video-discussions with faculty, and participate in discussion forums. Those who complete all activities and tests and submit assignments will get a Certificate of Participation from Azim Premji University.
Who should attend?
This course is designed for those seeking an integrated and multi-disciplinary understanding of sustainability both in theory and practice. It is ideal for students curious about sustainability as well as development practitioners interested in deepening their understanding.
What you will learn
- Understand what sustainability is in an Indian context
- Appreciate different social and ecological aspects of sustainability
- Interpret real-world issues such as population, food and climate change through the lens of sustainability
- Discover how our imagination of nature, culture, markets and the state influences sustainability action
- Explore different types of action at individual, community and government levels
- Framing Sustainability
- Population and Sustainability
- Food and Sustainability
- Climate Change
- Situating Sustainability
- Sustainability Action and You
Certificate of Participation
Will be given to all participants who complete course requirements. No grade will be assigned for the course
Course Duration – 8th March – May 5, 2019
Time commitment: 4-5 hours a week
- Video lectures with linked activities
- Discussion forum
- Weekly live chat with faculty
- Two quizzes
- Two surveys (self assessment)
Rs.1180, inclusive of taxes
Fee waivers available for deserving candidates
For more information and to register: Sustainability.email@example.com
For more information please check the Link