Apply By: 01 Mar 2019
Grant Amount: 5000 USD
Spark advances gender equality by engaging the next generation in accessible forms of philanthropy. We envision a world where gender equality just exists. Where women lead solutions that impact them, gender norms are not the norm, and patriarchy is overturned. We envision a world where helping humanity is integral to the human experience. Where philanthropy isn’t seen as exceptional, but as a duty we have to each other and ourselves.
About The Grant:
Spark provides seed, early-stage grants to grassroots women’s organizations and initiatives working to advance gender equality and the rights of women and girls in their communities (globally and in our US chapter regions: New York Metro and San Francisco Bay Area). The average grant amount is $3,000-5,000 USD, and is determined at the end of our yearly grant making cycle. Grantees are pre-selected at Vetting Committee meetings by our staff, Committee Chair and Committee Members. Successful applications proceed to Investment Committee meetings held in San Francisco and New York. Each Investment Committee meeting involves young professionals who deliberate and make decisions via a democratic voting process.
- Addresses root causes: We support organizations engaged in addressing the root causes of challenges that women and girls face, which can include but are not limited to gender norms, poverty, education, economic opportunities, and access to health resources.
- Meets an unmet need: We look for organizations that provide a service that is not currently available to women in that geographical area.
- Employs norm shifting and innovative solutions: We prioritize organizations that use creativity to improve lives while challenging traditional norms and approaches.
- Has leadership comprised primarily of local women: We specifically select organizations with leadership comprised of at least 50% of women from the community served.
- Has a budget under $150K: We want to make a difference with our $3-5K grant, therefore, we support only organizations with an annual operating budget under $150,000 USD.
How to Apply:
Applications are accepted within 3 cycles: Spring Cycle deadline – March 1, Summer Cycle deadline – June 1, Fall cycle deadline – September 1. In addition to grant funding, we support grantees with pro bono professional services. Typical requests from grantees include accounting, legal, marketing and web development support. We source these services from our network of young professional members.
Application Deadline: 1st March; 2019
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd