Organization: Save Our Seas Foundation
Apply By: 31 Jul 2019
Grant Amount: 10000 USD
The Save Our Seas Foundation funds and supports research, conservation and education projects worldwide, focusing primarily on charismatic threatened wildlife and their habitats. We continue to grow and learn as a foundation, seeking out and supporting the best and brightest people whose innovative projects make a real and lasting impact for the health of our oceans – and ultimately for every person on the planet.
About The Grant:
This grant is designed for short (12- to 18-month) and small projects dedicated to early career scientists (within five years of a degree being awarded). Aimed at original and innovative start-up projects, the grant presents early career scientists, conservationists or educators with an opportunity to prove themselves. It targets local projects conducted by local project leaders. Whether or not the project is part of a larger endeavour, SOSF Small Grants are for specific and finite projects. Only projects concerned with marine chondrichthyan species (sharks, rays, skates, sawfishes and chimaeras) will be considered.
How to apply:
- The Small Grant application process consists of a two-stage online application: Stage I involves completing a very short online form, equivalent to one to two pages.
- Stage II, by invitation only based on the Stage I application, will involve the completion of a longer and more detailed online form, equivalent to a maximum of 10 pages.
- Funding is awarded for only one financial year.
- The SOSF will consider small grant applications that, inter alia, aim to undertake the preliminary investigations necessary before a larger, longer-term project can be developed.
- Successful applicants for small project grants, including scoping projects, are not eligible to submit a Small Grant application the following year, but are not excluded from submitting a new Keystone Grant application.
- Only one application will be accepted from any one applicant.
- All applications will be reviewed by the SOSF scientific committee and require final approval from the Foundation’s Board of Directors.
Application Deadline: 31st July; 2019.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd