Organization: Praja Foundation
Apply By: 21 Feb 2019
Grant Amount: 10000 Euro
The Friedrich Naumann Stiftung für die Freiheit (FNF) is the coordinating authority under the European Instrument for Capacity Development and Promotion of Diversity for Inclusive, Sustainable Growth in India (DCI-NSAPVD/2015/368-620) for the action titled ‘Enabling civil society to build accountable and transparent governance in Mumbai & Delhi’. The implementing partner under the European Union funded project is the Praja Foundation, which is based in Mumbai and has an office in New Delhi (http://www.praja.org/ ).
Praja is a non-partisan voluntary organization enabling accountable governance. Praja empowers citizens to participate in governance by providing knowledge and perspectives, so that they can become politically active and involved beyond the ballot box. It undertakes extensive research and highlights civic issues to build awareness, and mobilize action, by the government and elected representatives.
Purpose: A partial objective of this action is to assist young or emerging organisations working in the areas of civic participation in building effective urban governance systems, with the aim of contributing towards the development of underprivileged urban communities. Praja is therefore looking to solicit proposals on the topics listed below, from small organisations based in Mumbai or Delhi. The focus of the project should be on improving urban governance, accountability and transparency
Funding & Timeline:
This call for proposals is for a sub-grant of up to a maximum of 10,000 Euros for a period of 10 months from 1st March 2019 – 31st December 2019.
The proposal must include the following aspects:
- The proposal should include work in the domain of civic participation for urban governance
- The proposal should focus on training youth and adults in local governance, advocacy and formation of civic action groups
- The proposal should include elements of capacity building for citizens, community leaders and Elected Representatives
- Previous experience (preferably at least three years) in working on the issues of community development and civic participation with evidence of civic participation by people from under resourced communities
- The organisation should have a Foreign Contribution Regulation Act (FCRA) clearance
Proposals, including detailed list of activities and budget should be sent to Mr. Yogesh Mishra and Mr. Balwant Kirar, at firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com , no later than 5:00 pm on 21st February, 2019. Proposals received after the deadline will not be considered. All proposals will be assessed, but Praja reserves the right to only revert to short-listed applicants for further discussion.
For more information please check the Link