Organization: Wildlife Acoustics
Apply By: 15 Feb 2019
Grant Amount: 5000 USD
About the organisation:
Wildlife Acoustics, Inc., a privately held Massachusetts corporation, is the leading provider of bioacoustics monitoring technology for scientists, researchers, and government agencies worldwide. Their customers monitor birds, bats, frogs, insects, fish, whales, elephants, rhinos and other wildlife.
Wildlife Acoustics' mission is to support efforts in conservation and environmental stewardship. We want to enable those involved in animal biology, research and conservation to do their best work easily and quickly. To that end, Wildlife Acoustics has established a grant program to support bioacoustics research efforts from chiropteran, avian, terrestrial, amphibious and marine wildlife, to everything else in between.
How the Grant Works?
Every quarter, Wildlife Acoustics will be giving away up to $5,000 of product to grant recipients worldwide. If they choose to make the results public, recipients will also have their work featured on our website and social media channels.
Grant recipients must be associated with a charitable, educational or other tax-exempt organization. Consideration will be given to projects that meet the following criteria:
- Project makes significant use of bioacoustics for data collection and/or analysis.
- The work advances scientific knowledge and contributes to long-term conservation.
- The grant award would have significant impact on the success of the project.
- The grant request provides adequate information to evaluate the project, including detailed expected outcomes and use of bioacoustics data to support those outcomes.
- The project should begin in the year that the application is submitted or in the following year if the application is submitted in the off-season.
How to apply:
- Download the Grant Application.
- Complete all sections in English. Keep the responses to each question to 200 words.
- You must include one letter of recommendation but you may submit up to 3 letters of recommendation and/or reference that you feel would be helpful in evaluating the application. These may be separate attachments and must be in English.
- Include a copy of the organization's certificate/letter of tax exemption that shows tax-exempt and charitable or educational status. For countries without these, please see grant FAQs.
- Email your completed application to Wildlife Acoustics. (Email address provided on application form.)
How to prepare your application:
- PDF format preferred.
- We do not accept JPEG files or Mac pages. Only PDF or Word files (.pdf, .doc or .docx)
- Please send documents as separate files and follow these naming conventions:
- Application: Lastname_organization_2016Q2
- Letters of Reference: Lastname_reference (1,2 ,or 3)_2016Q2
For more information please check the Link