Organization: Bihar Skill Development Mission
Apply By: 24 Apr 2019
RFP title: RFP for Selection of Agency for Establishing, Operating and Maintenance of Migration Counselling Cum Registration Center/s (MCRCs) for BSDM
Deadline: 24th April 2019
Brief background of BSDM:
In Bihar, a comprehensive and long-term strategy for skill development is being developed by the Government of Bihar. Accordingly, the Bihar Skill Development Mission (BSDM) has been constituted under the chairmanship of the Honorable Chief Minister with the vision to increase the capacity & capability of the system to deliver quality skill training and professional knowledge to the youth to enhance their employability and bridge the skill deficit with a view to meet the growing demand for skilled manpower.
Objectives of the Mission:
- To facilitate generation of adequate employment opportunities through a policy frame work.
- To encourage and facilitate skill training for youth of Bihar.
- To monitor generation of employment in different sectors.
- To facilitate launching of training programs for both uneducated and educated unemployed persons for upgradation of their skills.
- To formulate area and trade specific strategies for maximizing employment opportunities on a sustainable basis in the State supported by private sector.
- To facilitate a coordinated approach in achieving the above objectives for maximizing the benefits over time and space and in reaching out the most needy sections of the population.
- Management of skill development agenda of the State of Bihar.
The objective of setting up this MCRC is as follows:
- To guide migrants about accommodation and other logistical issues being faced by job aspirants moving from Bihar to other states
- To inform migrants about labour laws, social security and entitlement related issues being faced by job aspirants with their respective employers after migrating to destination locations
- To facilitate migrants in emergency situation and providing remedial support in situations like accidents, casualties etc. at work place through liaison with the local administration of the destination place as well as the Govt. of Bihar.
Key Challenges faced by migrants:
- The migrants face a large number of challenges at destination due to unknown region and opportunistic indifference treatment at work place and also denial of critical welfare entitlements.
- Migrant face lot of issues in establishing their identity in the new cities due to lack of verifiable documents/proof.
- The lack of verifiable proof of identity bars them from accessing basic facilities such as rental accommodation, health services etc. This in many cases leads to harassment at the hands of authorities.
- Being new to the cities, migrants suffer from lack of information and struggle to navigate their course in the city. The extended support during the initial period help migrants in settlement in the new environment.
Scope of the Assignment
The primary objective of this RFP is the empanelment of agency for set-up/establish, operate and maintain 10 MCRCs in major cities (induatrial hub) outside Bihar and 10 MCRCs at identified districts of Bihar as per the norms and guidelines of BSDM till the end of the contract period. The role of MCRC shall be of a service provider and clientele would be people of Bihar.
The application procedure, eligibility criteria, evaluation methodology, terms and conditions and the scope of work are detailed in this RFP which can be seen or downloaded from the “e-Procurement Portal https://www.eproc.bihar.gov.in and departmental website: http://www.skillmissionbihar.org. The RFP will be available to download from the above website from 18.03.2019 to 22.04.2019 (15:00 Hrs.). The last date for uploading of proposal/bid will be 24.04.2019 up to 15.00 Hrs.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd