Organization: Wildlife Institute of India
Apply By: 25 Feb 2019
About The Organization:
The Wildlife Institute of India (WII) is an autonomous institution under the Ministry of Environment Forest and Climate change, Government of India. established in May 1982.WII carries out wildlife research in areas of study like Biodiversity, Endangered Species, Wildlife Policy, Wildlife Management, Wildlife Forensics, Spatial Modeling, Eco development, Habitat Ecology and Climate Change. WII has a research facility which includes Forensics, Remote Sensing and GIS, Laboratory, Herbarium, and an Electronic Library
Project entitled “Preparation of Detailed Project Report (DPR) on Bakhira Bird Sanctuary, Uttar Pradesh”, purely on contractual basis for a period of six months.
No. of positions: 1
Remuneration: Rs. 30,000/- per month (Consolidated)
Age: Not exceeding 32 years as on the date of interview. Upper age limit in case of applicants belonging to SC/ST/OBC categories may be relaxed as per the rules.
- The Research Biologist will work under the guidance of Project Coordinator and will be responsible for delivering project outcomes on a time bound manner
- Conduct field studies, data collection/ compilation, assistance during workshops, stakeholder consultations, writing reports, plans, preparation of maps, presentations and other related activities.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Masters degree in Biological Sciences/ Life Sciences/ Environmental Sciences/ Forestry in First Class and Research/ Project Experience of Six months after M.Sc. in similar field
- Experience of working in wetland management and assessment of biodiversity
- Experience of working in avifaunal assessment and conservation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
For more information please check the Link