Organization: International Initiative for Impact Evaluation
Apply By: 25 Mar 2019
Location: New Delhi(Delhi)
About the Organization:
The International Initiative for Impact Evaluation (3ie) promotes evidence-informed equitable, inclusive and sustainable development. The organization supports the generation and effective use of high quality evidence to inform decision-making and improve the lives of people living in poverty in low- and middle-income countries. 3ie provide guidance and support to produce, synthesise and quality-assure evidence of what works, for whom, how, why and at what cost.
Scope of Work:
The consultant will be expected to work on a qualitative synthesis of the formative evaluations drawing on the documentation available with 3ie. Additionally, the synthesis will involve conducting stakeholder interviews to substantiate and unpack what we learn from the review of evidence and associated documentation. The consultant will report to the lead evaluation specialist at 3ie and will be supervised by an evaluation specialist on a day-to-day basis
To map rigorous evidence available on appropriateness, feasibility, acceptability and uptake of community-based approaches for increasing immunisation rates. The consultant will:
- Conduct a comprehensive review of published and grey literature on focus themes and geographies;
- Synthesise key findings and how these relate to evidence from 3ie-supported studies; and
- Maintain a detailed documentation of the search process.
Surveys of grantees and selected experts:
- Develop the survey of 3ie grantees on learnings and reflections on formative evaluations process and findings;
- Develop the survey of selected experts on important aspects of formative evaluations of immunisation interventions; Collate the data from the surveys; and
- Prepare a write-up to be used for the synthesis report.
To qualitatively synthesise emerging themes from 3ie-supported formative evaluations. The consultant will:
- Conduct a thorough review of the relevant documents available with 3ie for the formative evaluations, including the final reports and progress reports;
- Contribute to building the conceptual framework for synthesising information and develop coding sheet for systematic recording and filing of relevant information;
- Assist with report writing; and
- Maintain detailed documentation of the review process.
Qualifications and Experience:
Education and work experience:
- Master’s degree in sociology, public health, economics or a related field;
- Four to five years’ research experience in international development, especially in the field of public health; and
- Familiarity with social science research methods, especially qualitative methods.
- Exceptional English-language skills;
- Advanced knowledge of all MS Office 2010 or 2013 applications, particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Knowledge of NVIVO or ATLAS TI is preferred
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, multicultural, cross-team, multi-disciplinary work environment with minimum supervision; and
- Team player committed to achieving common as well as individual goals
Terms of employment:
- The contract will be for a period up to 120 days, for eight hours per day.
- Candidates should be available to start on 10 April 2019 or earlier.
- The contract is valid until 30 September 2019.
- Depending on performance and availability of funds, the contract may be renewed.
Please submit your applications to email@example.com , copy to firstname.lastname@example.org , using the subject line, ‘Consultant for Immunisation – EO’. Completed applications must include the following documents and information: A cover letter not exceeding one page, highlighting your experience relevant to the terms of reference; Curriculum vitae (CV, not to exceed three pages). Applicants are required to provide only information relevant to this call in their CV; Contact information for two references (email, phone number, address); and One writing sample, of maximum two pages, on any aspect to emphasise your knowledge of this field.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd