Organization: Council on Energy, Environment and Water
Apply By: 28 Feb 2019
Location: New Delhi(Delhi)
Centre for Energy Finance
Up to Six months
CEEW seeks to hire Interns for a period of 4 to 6 months who will work as part of CEEW Centre for Energy Finance (CEF). CEF acts as a non-partisan market observer and driver, to monitor, develop, test, and deploy financial solutions to advance the energy transition. It aims to help deepen markets, increase transparency, and attract capital in clean energy sectors in emerging economies. It will achieve this by comprehensively tracking, interpreting, and responding to developments in the energy markets, while also bridging gaps between governments, industry, and financiers. The intern will build the Centre’s capability to capture market trends and develop internal knowledge base in the clean energy sector. The intern will be expected to take initiatives towards advancing the objectives of CEF. CEEW offers an intellectually challenging and conducive work environment, with a focus on research rigour, innovative thinking, and strategic outreach. We are looking for an enthusiastic and detail-oriented individual to join the interdisciplinary CEEW team.
The successful applicant will have an interest in the clean energy markets in India and other emerging economies. H/She will have basic understanding of both technical and regulatory trends and should be able to help in successfully capture them in quantitative and qualitative manner. H/She will collaborate with other staff for the specific Centre related activities.
In addition to the duties and responsibilities outlined below, the Intern should be prepared, as and when necessary, to take on additional responsibilities and respond to events and developments that cannot be anticipated easily.
.Job Duties and Accountabilities
The research intern is expected to assist staff in the team and contribute in desk-top research for exhaustive review of available information and data pertaining to renewable energy. Further the intern will carry out detailed review of literature on best management practices/interventions to augment energy finance management.
- Assist with programme implementation, including help with preparing presentations.
- Assist with building a database and relationships with a wider community of experts, scholars, institutions and potential donors in the energy, environment and water domains.
- Assist with planning and executing events such as report launches, consultation workshops, round table discussions, etc.
- Contribute to reports and other research products as part of the research team.
- Participate constructively in weekly team meetings.
- Enrolled in or completed Master’s degree with Environmental Studies/Resource Management/Water Resources Management/Agricultural Economics or Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Engineering or related subjects
- Keen interest in Energy Finance and policy
- Basic understanding of Energy related issues.
- Understanding of Mandarin is preferable
- Superior analytical abilities, effective oral and written communication skills are a necessary prerequisite.
- Ability to communicate and coordinate effectively as a team member.
- Ability to analyse information and present in a clear and accurate manner both verbal and written.
- Willingness to show initiative in order to handle unforeseen challenges.
- Willingness to travel outside Delhi for meetings and field trips.
- Ability and willingness to work in multicultural teams in a dynamic and fluid environment.
CEEW operates in a dynamic environment and the candidate will be required to show flexibility in undertaking a variety of tasks. CEEW is an equal opportunity employer. Female candidates are encouraged to apply. CEEW offers an attractive stipend to all the interns as per the company rules.
Interested candidates are requested to send their curriculum vitae (CV) and cover letter (in one pdf) to email@example.com with ‘Intern – Centre for Energy Finance’ as the subject line. Please do not contact individual researchers for any open position. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We appreciate your interest.