Organization: Centre for Policy Research
Apply By: 13 Feb 2019
Location: New Delhi(Delhi)
About the Organization:
The Centre for Policy Research (CPR) has been one of India’s leading public policy think tanks since 1973. The Centre is a non-profit, non-partisan independent institution dedicated to conducting research that contributes to the production of high quality scholarship, better policies, and a more robust public discourse about the structures and processes that shape life in India.
Duration: 4 months (extendable), start immediately
Project: A number of analysts have become concerned that Whatsapp and social media are being used to spread fake news or other misinformation, which may heighten communal and/or caste tensions. The goal of the study is to understands sources of political information during the election as well as how they shape sometimes incendiary beliefs that may heighten social tensions. Our study will consist of two rounds of surveys administered to approximately 1000-2000 people before and after the election in our study site. During the study, we will offer respondents the opportunity to sign up to receive fact-checking information. We are particularly interested in measuring respondents’ beliefs about factual issues related to politics. As such, we will also ask respondents to evaluate the accuracy of a series of factual claims about politics.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the Principal Investigator(s) and fellow Research Associate(s) to finalize and implement the research design as intended; support recording, documentation and analysis; and support the creation of reports and articles related to the study for various stakeholders.
- Help train and monitor survey operations in the field.
- Provide qualitative field insights and reports on information environment and plausible sources and types of misinformation.
- Other related tasks as necessary.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Spoken and written fluency in Hindi (required; native speakers preferred)
- Proficiency in English (required)Social science background (B.A. or higher; in-progress degrees will be considered)
- Prior fieldwork experience (required)
- Experience working on surveys and the Open Data Kit (ODK) platform (desired)
- Willingness to travel within assigned state (required)
Please send a cover letter and a CV to email@example.com .
For more information please check the Link