Organization: International Initiative For Impact Evaluation
Apply By: 15 Apr 2019
Location: New Delhi(Delhi)
About the Organization:
The International Initiative for Impact Evaluation (3ie) promotes evidence-informed equitable, inclusive and sustainable development. The organization supports the generation and effective use of high quality evidence to inform decision-making and improve the lives of people living in poverty in low- and middle-income countries. 3ie provide guidance and support to produce, synthesise and quality-assure evidence of what works, for whom, how, why and at what cost.
Reporting: The research associate will report directly to the ED
Management of the bursary programme (60 per cent):
3ie’s bursary programme provides funding for individuals from low- and middle-income countries to attend workshops and conferences related to impact evaluations, systematic reviews and evidence synthesis. This programme is part of our efforts to build capacity in conducting and using high-quality evaluations and systematic reviews that can help generate policy-relevant evidence. The research associate will be responsible for the tasks listed below:
- Liaise with senior management to develop annual work plan and budget for the programme, including: identify courses, workshops and conferences;
- prepare tentative calendar of events, and allocate bursaries;
- Coordinate with event organisers, provide logistical support as needed;
- Coordinate with the communication officers to announce bursary calls on the website and social media;
- Review applications and make recommendations on awards;
Research and writing (25 per cent):
- Prepare background notes on a variety of issues related to 3ie’s work;
- Provide research support as needed;
- And Prepare, format and review documents and presentations.
Reporting and other tasks (15 per cent):
- Collect and collate information from other offices to compile reports;
- Support management of events in which the ED is participating;
- Liaise with the ED’s executive assistant in managing his calendar;
- And Any other work assigned by the ED.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree preferably in the social sciences, development studies or any other related fields;
- A minimum of two to three years’ relevant experience;
- Familiarity and understanding of the development sector
- Experience in event management or of organising workshops or conferences;
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite;
- Familiarity with spreadsheet analysis;
- Experience in using online academic research databases is desirable but not required Experience with statistical software packages is desirable but not required;
- Exceptional communication and English-language skills, especially in writing.
Please apply by e-mail to email@example.com with all of the application material listed below and include ‘3ie research associate to the executive director’ in the subject line. A cover letter, not exceeding one page, highlighting your experience relevant to the terms of reference; Curriculum vitae (not to exceed two pages); Contact information for three references; One writing sample on any aspect relevant to this job. Applications must be submitted by 23:59 hours IST, 15 April 2019 and the position will be open until filled.
For more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd