Apply By: 31 Mar 2019
Location: New Delhi(Delhi)
About the Organization:
Twitter is an American online news and social networking service on which users post and interact with messages known as "tweets". Tweets were originally restricted to 140 characters, but on November 7, 2017, this limit was doubled for all languages except Chinese, Japanese, and Korean. Registered users can post, like, and retweet tweets, but unregistered users can only read them.
Name of the Post: Policy Communications Manager
Location: New Delhi, India
The Twitter Policy Communications team focuses on storytelling around public policy issues posed by the continuing spread of digital technology and web-based communications services around the world. These communications issues range from freedom of expression, to the health of online public conversations and online safety, to intellectual property, to copyright, to data privacy, and Internet freedom.
The Policy Communications team works closely with the Public Policy team to showcase the role of Twitter in government and elections, including civic participation, digital diplomacy, and e-governance.The Policy Communications team also tells the stories of how our #TwitterforGood efforts support NGOs in the areas of digital inclusion, freedom of expression, online safety and security, equality, women and minorities in tech, and emergency services/disaster mitigation and recovery.
About the role:
- The Policy Communications Manager for India will be responsible for creating and implementing communications strategies and campaigns related to the intersection of technology and public policy for this high-growth market.
- This role requires the ability to explain the dimensions of Twitter’s policy initiatives (including trust and safety) to the media, and to provide briefings and media analysis reports to both Twitter’s Communications and Public Policy teams. The ideal candidate brings solid know-how on issues such as free expression, data privacy, mis/disinformation, ’fake news’ and online safety.
- He/she will have a proven record of managing strong media relationships and will be required to manage internal and external communications in a fast-paced, deadline-driven working environment, including crisis communications.
- The India Policy Comms Manager will report into Twitter’s Asia Pacific headquarters in Singapore, and will work closely with our Washington DC and San Francisco offices. The role will be based in Delhi and periodic travel (predominantly within India) is required.
- Develop and execute proactive Indian policy communications strategies and resources: messaging, briefing materials, Q&A documents, press releases, blog posts, statements, Tweets, etc.
- Manage daily Indian press enquiries related to policy matters, and cultivate strong media relationships with Indian and India-based international press that cover policy issues
- Liaise with regional and Global Communications, Policy Communications and the Public Policy teams to effectively support their campaigns, and to ensure that the India voice is represented
- Work closely with Twitter India’s Public Policy Head and Comms Head, while being a trusted advisor to the Twitter India leadership team on Policy Comms matters
- Monitor the market for emerging Public Policy issues and PR opportunities, and provide guidance on the appropriate response
- Manage fast-moving issues and crises, and develop reactive comms/statements, as required
- Maintain a strong level of administrative and operational rigor, producing reports, analysis, and data on Twitter’s position in the media for related Policy topics
- Review and support translation of communication materials into Hindi and a South Indian language
- Manage local language communication for @TwitterIndia
Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum of 8+ years’ experience in communications/public relations. In-house, technology communications preferred
- A deep understanding of the political landscape in India
- Gold-class media relations skills and good network of contacts with local and India-based international press
- Hands-on experience in crisis communications/issues management and public policy communications or advocacy campaigns is strongly desired
- Experience working with public relations/communications agencies on the client side is an advantage
- Strong writing, editing and messaging skills
- A global outlook and an ability to work with different cultures, perspectives, and attitudes
- Strong skills in cross-functional collaboration in a highly matrixed organisation, project management and planning
- Ability to distill complex, technical information into simple and easy to understand language
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, pressurised environment, and to meet deadlines consistently
- Flexibility, amiability, and willingness to learn and be challenged
- Fluency in English, Hindi and a South Indian language for written and verbal communications
- Ideal candidate will have Comms expertise related to South India (cultural understanding, media relationships)
For apply and more information please check the Link
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd