Applications Invited for M.Sc. (Economics) Programme
Institute Name: Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research (IGIDR)
Apply By: 08 May 2021
About the Organization:
Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research (IGIDR) is an advanced research institute established by the Reserve Bank of India for carrying out research on development issues from a multi-disciplinary point of view. IGIDR was registered as an autonomous society on November 14, 1986 and as a public trust in January 1987. On December 28, 1987 the campus was inaugurated by Late. Shri Rajiv Gandhi, the then Prime Minister of India. Subsequently, the Institute was recognized as a Deemed University under Section 3 of the UGC Act.
M.Sc. (Economics) Programme
This is a two-year programme, which imparts students with a rigorous and hands-on training in Economics, with special emphasis on analytical and problem solving skills as well as exposure to emerging policy issues at the national and international levels. This programme involves a successful completion of either 16 courses or 15 courses and a Master’s thesis. It is aimed at all those with necessary quantitative prerequisites who would like to be grounded in economic analysis.
- The minimum qualification for admission to the M.Sc. program includes one of the following degrees or their equivalents: B.A./ B.Sc. in Economics/ B.Com./ B.Stat./ B.Sc. (Physics or Mathematics)/ B.Tech./ B.E. with at least 55% aggregate marks for the Economics discipline and 60% aggregate marks for other disciplines.
- The applicant must have studied Mathematics at the higher secondary or higher level.
- Reservation Policy as per Government of India Rules. Reserved category applicants have to produce the necessary documentation as per GOI Rule.
- M.Sc. students have to pay a tuition fee of Rs.16,000/- per semester. All students would be provided with residential accommodation towards which they have to pay hostel fee of Rs. 200/- per month, and water and electricity charges as per actual. The tuition fee may be revised from time to time.
- Need-based scholarships are available to Masters students as per Institute’s norms.
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd