Applications Invited for Ph.D. (Doctoral Programme) 2021
Institute Name: Indian Institute of Management Calcutta (IIMC)
Apply By: 28 Jan 2021
About the Organization:
The Indian Institute of Management Calcutta (IIMC) was established as the first national institute for Post-Graduate studies and Research in Management by the Government of India in November 1961 in collaboration with Alfred P. Sloan School of Management (MIT), the Government of West Bengal, The Ford Foundation and Indian industry. The vision of the Institute is to emerge as an International Centre of Excellence in all facets of Management Education, rooted in Indian ethos and societal values. Over the past four decades, IIM Calcutta has blossomed into one of Asia's finest Business Schools. Their strong ties to the business community make it an effective mechanism for the promotion of professional management practices in Indian organizations.
Ph.D. (Doctoral Programme) 2021
The Doctoral Programme of the Indian Institute of Management Calcutta was started in 1971. It is a full-time doctoral programme that offers students opportunities for advanced studies and research in different specializations related to Management Science. The Programme aims to prepare students for careers in teaching and research in management studies and in related disciplines, and for careers in the government, in industry, and in other organizations that require advanced analytical and research capabilities.
The Doctoral Programme has two streams:
- The Doctoral Programme in Management includes the following - specializations: Economics, Finance & Control, Human Resource Management, Management Information Systems, Marketing, Operations Management, Organizational Behaviour, Public Policy and Management, and Strategic Management.
- The Doctoral Programme in Disciplines Related to Management includes the following specializations: Operations Research & Systems Analysis, Regional Development, and Sociology.
Areas of Specialization:
- Finance & Control
- Human Resource Management
- Management Information Systems
- Operations Management
- Organizational Behavior
- Public Policy and Management
- Strategic Management
An applicant of the Doctoral Programme is required to have:
- First Class Master's or Post graduate diploma (2 years) in any discipline and a three-year Bachelor's degree with at least 50% marks in the aggregate; OR
- CA with minimum 50% marks or CS/CMA with minimum 55% marks, with B.com degree OR
- B.Tech/4 year’s degree with 6.5 CGPA or equivalent.
- Non-engineering candidates who have undergone 10+2+5 years will be considered eligible to apply for the Doctoral Programme.
In addition, applicant must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks in the aggregate in either the Secondary or the Higher Secondary Examination of a Board (or equivalent).
A final-year student appearing for the Bachelor's degree examination in Engineering or Master's degree examination in any discipline can also apply. Such a candidate, if selected, will be provisionally admitted provided (s) he completes all requirements for obtaining the degree before 30th June 2021. Admission of the candidate will remain provisional until (s) he produces mark sheets proving that (s) he satisfies the eligibility criteria. The deadline for submitting the final year degree mark sheets is 31st December 2021.
60% of the seats in the programme are reserved for applicants belonging to the reserved categories (including EWS).
For any queries, please write to email@example.com
Deadline: January 28th, 2021
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd