Applications Invited for Ph.D. Program In Management
Institute Name: Indian Institutes of Management Bodh Gaya (IIM BG)
Apply By: 10 Mar 2020
About the Organization:
Indian Institute of Management Bodh Gaya (IIM-BG) is an autonomous public business school in Bodh Gaya, Bihar in India. IIM Bodh Gaya fosters a culture and curriculum whose sole purpose is to create socially responsible managers and emotionally mature leaders. IIM Bodh Gaya acknowledges the significance of exposure to global standards and contemporary trends for enrichment of its students’ learning experience.
Ph.D. Program in Management:
The Doctoral Programme in Management at IIM Bodh Gaya is a full-time residential programme. The programme aims to foster high-quality researchers, innovative thinkers, and touchstone academics. The programme offers the chance to delve into multidisciplinary research in the domain of management education. Its purpose is to imbue learners with the necessary analytical and research skills required for a career in academics, management, and industry. In this spirit, the programme is run within an academically poignant environment that aid research scholars hone their intellectual tendencies. The programme also aims at producing excellence in publishing high standard research output.
They are on the lookout for outstanding candidates with the drive to become researchers and academics of international repute. They invite scholars from a variety of disciplines including but not limited to engineering, sciences, social sciences, humanities, and others. The programme is oriented toward the generation, communication, dissemination and application of research output in spheres of business management, public policy, and others. They offer their scholars the opportunity to work with select distinguished faculty and industry experts. With a milieu of constant communication and rapport between the faculty and the scholar, research at IIM Bodh Gaya takes on a very different dimension than mere learning. It becomes a life experience that crafts a scholar’s mind and character. They build linkages with leaders in industry and academia in India and abroad with the foresight of creating theoretical and empirical research that matters. The Ph.D. at IIM Bodh Gaya combines professional attributes with ethical characteristics.
IIM Bodh Gaya’s Ph. D. programme aims to admit individuals with exceptional academic background, strong motivation and discipline, and potential to become excellent researchers at international level. It is expected that research students will come from a variety of disciplines ranging from social sciences and humanities to physical sciences and engineering. Applicants are evaluated on their past academic achievements, motivation and preparation for the programme, letters of recommendation, scores on standard tests, and a personal interview with the faculty.
Candidates must possess one of the following qualifications to apply for IIM Bodh Gaya’s doctoral programme:
- Master’s degree in any discipline, with at least 60 per cent marks or equivalent grade point average, or Professional qualifications like CA, ICWA, CS with at least 60 percent marks or equivalent grade point average, or Five year/four year Integrated Master’s degree programme in any discipline, with at least 60 percent marks, obtained after completing higher secondary schooling (10+2) or equivalent, or Four Year/Eight Semester Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (B.E./B.Tech./ B. Arch.) with a minimum CGPA of 6.5 out of 10 or equivalent.
- Those who are appearing for their final year examination in the current academic year may also apply. However, their admission to the programme will be provisional subject to their successful completion of all requirements for obtaining the relevant degree before 30th June 2020.
- *The percentage of marks obtained by the candidate would be calculated based on the practice as followed by the respective University/Institution. In case of grades / CGPA, the conversion to percentage of marks would be based on the procedure as certified by the respective University/ institution. If any University/institution confirms that there is no scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by dividing the candidate’s CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the result with 100.
- Candidates who fulfil the eligibility criteria as stated above are required to take Common Admission Test (CAT) held by the IIMs. Alternatively, those who have qualified GATE, GRE, GMAT or JRF (UGC/CSIR) examinations can also apply in the relevant area of specialization. Scores of any of these examinations including CAT taken during the last two years (two years from the date of the standard test and should be valid on the deadline of submission of the application form, i.e., on or after 10th March, 2018) will be considered valid. Admission to the programme is also open to overseas candidates including NRIs and foreign nationals.
- Candidates who have already have two-year full-time PGP completed in last 10 years from IIMs with minimum grade point equivalent to 6.0 out of 10 point scale or equivalent (with no ‘F’s and not more than two ‘D’s in the first year of PGP) are exempted from the test score, and can apply directly. It is necessary that candidates applying for exemption from test must attach copies of both side of the grade sheet to ascertain the equivalence between the grading systems of other IIMs, without which, the application for exemption from test will not be considered.
- The candidates short-listed on the basis of their academic record and performance in the competitive examinations mentioned above will be called for a personal interview for final selection and the successful candidates will receive offers by end May of that year.
- A candidate receiving admission offer from IIM Bodh Gaya and accepting the offer within the stipulated date needs to send an offer acceptance amount of Rs. 30,000 (the date of submission will be mentioned in admission offer letter) along with Offer Acceptance Form which will be adjusted against the amount of first instalment.
- If a candidate subsequently wishes to withdraw the offer within the withdrawal date specified in the Offer Letter, Offer Acceptance Amount will be refunded after deducting Rs. 1000/- as processing charges. In the event of withdrawal from the Programme after registration, and if seat consequently falling vacant gets filled by another candidate by the last date of admission, IIM Bodh Gaya will return the fees collected with proportionate deductions of fee and hostel rent, where applicable.
Age Limit: Candidate must not be more than 40 years as on 1st June 2020.
Reservation: IIM Bodh Gaya will follow strictly the Government of India's Reservation Policy.
Last date to apply: March 10, 2020 (11:59 PM IST)
Programme website: http://iimbg.ac.in/phd
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd