Applications Invited for PhD in Management 2021
Institute Name: Indian Institute of Management Shillong
Apply By: 30 Jan 2021
10th Batch of PhD in Management
About the Organization:
IIM Shillong has been set up with a vision of providing good quality management education and research in the North Eastern region of India. To ensure a holistic management education and to help the graduates grow into innovative leaders of the future, the Institute provides opportunities outside the classrooms as well, be it industrial interactions, sports competitions, cultural activities or entrepreneurial pursuits. The quality of instruction, rigorous course curriculum and exposures that the students get at IIM Shillong when coupled with their Summer Internship experience makes them adequately prepared and confident to face the challenges of the corporate world.
About the Programme:
The doctoral level program leading to Ph.D of IIM Shillong endeavors to co-create knowledge in all aspects of Management Education for sustainable development and to develop independent researchers with strong ethical values. The program is committed to inculcate in individuals the necessary knowledge and skills for knowledge co creation who will excel in their respective area as educators and produce high quality research through publication of quality work of international standard
The participant is expected to spend four years for Ph.D program that includes research focused out-put oriented course work. The structure of course work comprises core, flexi-core, and seminar courses leading to an understanding of management discipline, building theoretical foundations in the core area, develop basic skills for analyzing managerial problems and instill research interest. The coursework is expected to enable the participant to provide the platform for future research activities.
Areas of Specialisation:
- Economics and Public Policy
- Finance and Control
- Information Systems and Analytics
- Operations and Quantitative Techniques
- Organizational Behavior and Human Resource
- Strategic Management
- Sustainability and Liberal Studies
Candidates should have-
- A Master’s Degree (bachelor’s degree obtained in 10+2+3 pattern, followed by a master’s degree) or a 5-year Integrated Master’s Degree (obtained after completing higher secondary schooling in 10+2 pattern) in any discipline, with at least 55% marks in the bachelor’s and 60% in the master’s degrees or
- A Master’s Degree (A 4 year / 8 semesters Bachelor’s degree (10+2+4 pattern) with at least 6.5 CGPA or equivalent marks, followed by a master’s degree or
- A professional qualification like CA, ICWA, CS with at least 55% marks in B.Com degree
In case of grades / CGPA, the conversion to percentage of marks would be based on the procedure certified by the respective University/ Institution.
If a University/institution confirms that there is no scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by dividing the candidate’s CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA, an multiplying the result by 100.
The above qualification should be from any of the Universities incorporated by an act of the central or state legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under section 3 of UGC Act, 1956; or, recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India.
- Applicants must not be more than 30 years of age as on June 1, 2021 to apply.
- SC, ST, OBC, PwD, Transgender and Women candidates are given an age relaxation of up to 5 years.
Duration: Ph.D is a full-time, four-year residential program. Scholars are expected to complete the program in four years.
- Link Opening Date: 15th Dec 2020
- Link Closing Date: 30th Jan 2021
- Last Date to Apply: 30th Jan 2021
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd