Applications Invited for Post Graduate Diploma in Management (Rural Management) 2023-25
Institute Name: IRMA
Apply By: 31 Dec 2022
About the Organization
The Institute of Rural Management Anand (IRMA) is driven by the dream of serving under-served segments of the economy through professional management. Founded in 1979, IRMA is focused on creating management professionals who can bring about sustainable, ecologically-friendly and equitable growth by applying their management acumen at the grassroots level and influencing the public policy narrative at the national and global levels.
Dr. Verghese Kurien, known as the ‘Father of the White Revolution in India’, founded IRMA at Anand, Gujarat with the support of the Swiss Agency for Development Cooperation (SDC), the Government of India, Government of Gujarat, the erstwhile Indian Dairy Corporation and the National Dairy Development Board (NDDB).
IRMA is a premier institution of professional learning offering Management programmes with a focus on understanding real management problems and socio-economic realities of under-served communities through intensive fieldwork. Experienced faculty members from reputed national and international institutions collaborate to inspire and create the thinkers of tomorrow for a better world. IRMA offers world-class infrastructure for learning at their 60-acre-green campus.
About the Course
IRMA's Post Graduate Diploma in Management (Rural Management) prepares talented young managers to assume challenge-filled responsibilities in organizations that serve under-served communities in rural and urban India. The PGDM (RM) is a two-year fully residential managerial programme.
The PGDM(RM) curriculum is infused with multi-disciplinary, practical and ethical questions and analyses reflecting complex challenges that professional managers and leaders face. The pedagogy is based on the case method of teaching where actual management problems are discussed and analysed in the classroom. The classroom teaching is reinforced by an intensive fieldwork segment, where participants live with households in under-served communities and deeply study their socio-economic milieu from a management standpoint. The curriculum provides a wide spectrum of high quality courses with a great focus on experiential learning comprising of three distinct yet mutually supportive segments - Classroom, Village Fieldwork, and Summer Internship. The curriculum covers all core management subjects like Economics, Finance, Marketing, Human Resource Management, Strategy and Entrepreneurship. The curriculum also includes subjects that deepen the understanding of Rural Society, Economy and Polity.
The course is highly acclaimed and approved by reputed assessors and accreditation bodies. Furthermore, PGDM(RM) graduates are known to carve a distinct reputation in their professional environment for their empathy, brilliance, commitment and integrity.
The PGDM(RM) is recognized as equivalent to a Master's Degree in Rural Management by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) and approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). IRMA is also accredited by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA).
The participants of this programme are highly valued in local, national and international corporations, cooperatives, NGOs, development organisations, and funding agencies. All participants are suitably placed in different organisations through our Campus Placement programme.
- A Graduate from any discipline, with a minimum of 15 years of education and 50% or above [45% or above for SC/ST/OBC (NC)/General (EWS)/PwD*] aggregate marks or equivalent CGPA at the graduation level is eligible to apply for IRMA’s PGDM (RM) programme.
- The percentage of aggregate marks is to be calculated as per the practice followed by the concerned university or institution. If the university/institution does not have a scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, IRMA will establish the equivalence by dividing obtained CGPA with the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the resultant with 100.
- Candidates in the final year of the bachelor’s degree may also apply if they would furnish evidence of meeting the minimum eligibility criteria by September 2023.
- Final year candidates should have passed all of their graduation examinations before the start of the program (July 03, 2023). The candidates failing to meet the minimum eligibility criteria will be asked to withdraw from the programme. The Fees paid by such candidates will be forfeited unless IRMA fills their vacant seats through new admissions.
How to Apply
- Register with your valid e-mail address. Candidates must declare and maintain a valid and unique email address as well as a mobile phone number throughout the selection process.
- Your name should be listed as it appears on your 10th certificate / mark sheet.
- Upload a scanned or digital copy of your photo and signature. Your photo should not be older than six months. Please make sure that the photo is clear and of continuous tone. It should have a white/off-white background, a full face, neck, and shoulders, a front view, and eyes that are open. The following file formats are supported: JPEG, JPG (maximum size: 1 MB). Make sure the photograph is scanned using a scanner only. Don't use your mobile phone or other mobile applications to scan your photograph.
- As applicable, upload a scanned copy of your latest General (EWS) / OBC (Non creamy) / SC / ST / Person with Disability (PwD) category certificate (maximum size: 500 KB).
- Please upload the scanned copy of your graduation mark sheets (Maximum size: 1.5 MB). Also upload your 10th, 12th and State of Domicile Certificate, sports certificate and work experience related documents (whichever applicable) (Maximum size: 500 KB[PK1] ).
- You should keep a copy of the completed application form for your own records.
- Once an application fee is paid, it cannot be refunded.
- Candidate must be aware that mere fulfillment of minimum eligibility criteria does not guarantee consideration for shortlisting for the next stage of the admissions process. IRMA reserves the right to shortlist / select candidates.
- The entire admissions process at the Institute shall be subject to the Jurisdiction of the Courts of Anand.
- Before final submission, please ensure that the correct information has been entered. Make sure you enter data in the correct sequence after editing (do not skip any stage). Editing is permitted before final submission. Once the form is submitted, it can no longer be edited.
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd