Indian School of Development Management (ISDM) was established in 2016, with a vision of changing the narrative around leadership and management in the social sector by facilitating the creation of an entire ecosystem for Development Management. Working closely with leading social sector leaders, academicians and researchers, we have made significant progress towards creating and curating a Body of Knowledge for Development Management along with developing leadership talent for the social sector through our 1 Year Post Graduate Programme and Continuing Education Programmes.
A One Year Programme. A Lifetime Of Impact.
The one-year intensive Post Graduate Programme in Development Leadership is a unique programme that has been carefully put together in consultation with nearly a hundred leading practitioners and academics, and in partnership with a large number, and variety of organisations and institutions, working in the development sector. The programme focus is also supported by numerous grassroots-level research studies on various aspects of Development Management
One Year Advantage
Custom designed for professionals to maximise growth in minimum time
Salient features of the Programme
This is a 49 week full time programme split into 8 terms – 6 classroom terms (40 weeks) and 2 field terms (9weeks), Programme starts in July and continues till June
There are 5 broad themes that define this programme:
- Understanding Development – What is development, looking at it from various lenses (social, economic, environment, gender, human rights etc.), how has the idea of development evolved over time, who’s development, who decides development etc.
- Understanding the Self – Who you are as an individual, what values you stand for, what are your aspirations, strengths, improvement areas etc.
- Understanding Organisations - Understanding how to build world class social organisations with the appropriate strategy, structure, systems, process and culture
- Understanding Interventions - Looking at design, implementation, evaluation and monitoring of appropriately design social interventions
- Understanding Networks and Partnerships - Starting to looking at issues from a Systems and Design thinking lens and working towards creating relevant partnerships which can deliver sustainable social impact at scale
The 9 weeks on the field are split into 2 segments
- Realising India – a 2 week district rural immersion with the objective of helping students get a sense of actual development challenges at the ground level (Happens in Term 3)
- Residency – a 7 week problem solving internship with a partner organisation where our students will work on resolving a functional issue being faced by a partner organisation.
Graduates from all fields are welcome to apply for this course. The candiates should have a strong inclination to work in the social sector and should be able to speak and understand english.
The Tuition Fees for the programme is INR 500,000. We are a not for profit organisation and the programme is being offered at huge subsidy. The course is much more affordable than other Similar programmes.
For more information please check the Link