Call for Papers Invited for SCO -Young Scientist Conclave 2020
Organization Name: Department of Science & Technology (DST)
Apply By: 02 Nov 2020
Location: Virtual conference
Presentation Date: 24 Nov. 2020 - 28 Nov. 2020
About the Organization:
Department of Science & Technology (DST) was established in May 1971, with the objective of promoting new areas of Science & Technology and to play the role of a nodal department for organizing, coordinating and promoting S&T activities in the country. The Department of Science & Technology plays a pivotal role in promotion of science & technology in the country. The department has wide ranging activities ranging from promoting high end basic research and development of cutting edge technologies on one hand to service the technological requirements of the common man through development of appropriate skills and technologies on the other.
SCO-Young Scientist Conclave 2020
As a follow of the fifth session of Heads of Ministries and Departments of Science and Technology of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) the Member States, at which the huge talent pool of young scientists has been recognized as a potential tool to foster innovative research among the SCO nations, the first SCO-Young Scientists Conclave is being held in India in 2020, as an integral part of SCO Young Scientists Forum (SCO YSF).
The SCO YSF with the objective of providing a unique opportunity to the youth in their Member States to interact, network and collaborate with their counterparts to address pertinent challenges in emerging areas of science and technology has accepted the proposal of India to host and organize the 1st SCO-Young Scientists Conclave in India during 24-28 November 2020.
Apart from establishing sustainable cooperation including access to the state of the art R&D and analytical facilities, it also aims at harnessing the intrinsic ability of unconventional and lateral thinking, ideology, and innovative caliber of the young minds and make their scientific and technological presence felt in today’s world.
The conclave facilitates:
Creation of connectivity and networking among the SCO youth to harness their knowledge for addressing common societal challenges through research and innovation and strengthen the advancement of complementary skills and research competencies of youth drawn from science, engineering, and allied disciplines.
- Creation of consortia of young scientists, professionals, innovators, and entrepreneurs to conduct joint R&D activities.
- Preparation of next-generation scientific leadership in Science, Technology, and Innovation (STI) and future-readiness among Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) Professionals.
- Building SCO scientific identity in STI through creative youth.
- Provide access to large scale research infrastructure and unique analytical facilities.
- Create internship and training opportunities for young researchers.
This Conclave proposes to bring together the innovative young minds from SCO Member States on to a common platform in virtual mode to discuss issues like, ‘ways and means to bring in transformative changes to address the societal challenges through scientific and technological interventions.
This will also facilitate the confluence of ideas to resolve specific problems of Member States. Thus, the Conclave aims to seed an SCO scientific identity through the establishment of a network of young talents across these Member States.
Out of many challenges pervading the SCO Member States that deserve S&T interventions, the following thematic areas are chosen to promote collaborative work in Science, Technology, and Innovation (STI) among the Member States:
- Agriculture and food processing.
- Sustainable energy and energy storage.
- Biotechnology and bioengineering.
- Combating COVID-19 and emerging pandemics through research and innovation.
- Environmental protection and natural resource management.
From each SCO Nation, 22 participants are expected to participate.
- 15 young scientists - three for each thematic area
- Five Mentors - one for each thematic area
- one Head of Delegation-representative of the STI Ministry
- One liaison officer from each SCO nation
- Young bright academicians/ scientists/ engineers/ technologists/ innovators/ tech entrepreneurial start-up professionals working in the above mentioned thematic areas with age not exceeding 35 years as on 1st November 2020.
- The selected candidates will be given an opportunity to present their scientific research in the related thematic session highlighting the scientific and technical work, novel ideas/ prototypes developed by them. In addition, they will have ample opportunities to interact among themselves which may allow the formulation of collaborative projects(s) in the future to address contemporary challenges in science & technology in SCO nations.
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd