Call for Papers Invited for Surviving Covid-19 on the Margins
Organization Name: Harvard Humanitarian Initiative (HHI)
Apply By: 20 Sep 2021
Presentation Date: 01 Oct. 2021 - 05 Oct. 2021
About the Organization:
Harvard Humanitarian Initiative (HHI) is a University-wide academic and research center in humanitarian crisis and leadership supported by Harvard University's Office of the Provost. HHI is based at the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health Department of Global Health and Population and is affiliated with Brigham and Women’s Hospital Emergency Medicine Department. As an Inter-Faculty Initiative (IFI) at Harvard University, HHI collaborates closely with faculty and students throughout all Harvard Schools and Harvard Teaching Hospitals.
Call for Papers: Surviving Covid-19 on the Margins
The Program on Resilient Communities at the Harvard Humanitarian Initiative (HHI) has been learning from communities in the Philippines since 2017 with an emphasis on disaster readiness and climate change. Marginalized Communities living in fragile spaces (environmental and social fragility) are at greater risk of the impacts of climate change and disaster. This vulnerability has increased as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. This knowledge challenges them to continue to expand their area of expertise and find partners who can help them engage with these marginalized communities and represent their specific needs.
Researchers and authors are requested to submit papers on the experience of any marginalized or vulnerable communities in the Philippines during the pandemic. Authors will get a chance to present their papers at a virtual symposium hosted by the HHI in October 2021.
Each paper must focus on the COVID-19 pandemic experience of any marginalized or vulnerable communities in the Philippines. These communities include, but are not limited to:
- The Lumad or other indigenous communities
- Coastal and remote communities
- The elderly
- Persons with disabilities (PWDs)
- GBTQ+ population
- Communities living in poverty
Originality: Each paper must be an original analysis and must be the author’s own work. Papers previously published are not eligible.
Length and Formatting:
- The paper should be between 5 and 10 pages in length. Page limits do not include all charts/graphs, references, or appendices.
- Papers must be submitted in MSWord (DOC or DOCX)
- Font should be Times New Roman, font size 12, single spacing
- Data, publications, and all other documentation must be cited appropriately.
- The title page must include the author’s name, institutional affiliation, and email address.
- Include an abstract of no more than 200 words and brief author bios (not included in page limit)
- Include page numbers and the paper’s title in the header or footer
- Current graduate students at the master or Ph.D. level, preferably affiliated with universities in the Philippines
- Scholars with a doctorate / Ph.D. degree
- University/college faculty doing research on these subjects, with a special preference for junior faculty
- Each paper must be an original analysis and must be the author’s own work. Papers previously published are not eligible.
For inquiries, please contact Mark Toldo at email@example.com
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd