Applications Invited for Åland Peace Fellowship 2021
Organization: The Åland Islands Peace Institute
Apply By: 15 Jan 2021
About the Organization:
The Åland Islands Peace Institute woks practically and with research into peace and conflict issues in a broadly defined sense, with Åland and the special status that Åland enjoys under international law as a starting point. The Institute focuses on forms of autonomy, minority issues, demilitarisation and conflict management. The Åland Islands Peace Institute takes part in several national and international networks of organisations working on closely related issues. The Peace Institute is an independent charitable foundation, which was founded in 1992. The Board of the Institute takes decisions on the overall activities of the Institute, while the Research Council is responsible for the scientific direction of the research activitites of the Institute.
Åland Peace Fellowship 2021
The Åland Islands Peace Institute is happy to announce that the first Åland Peace Fellowship is now open for application! The Institute invites early career as well as established researchers in the fields of law, peace research, political science, international affairs or related disciplines to apply for the Åland Peace Fellowship 2021.
As the Åland Peace Fellow you will be invited to the Kastelholm Peace Talks, which will take place on Åland end of March 2021 and for a subsequent research stay of up to two months at the Åland Islands Peace Institute. The fellowship shall be announced at a festive occasion in conjunction to the Kastelholm Peace Talks.
A Peace Fellowship comprises the following benefits:
- A return ticket (economy) from your place of residence to Mariehamn
- A monthly stipend of 1300 euro
- Working space and access to our small but specialized library
- Accommodation in Mariehamn in a single room apartment or guesthouse, alternatively assistance in finding appropriate accommodation
- The possibility to present your work at a public seminar
- The possibility to conduct research accessing key sources on the Åland Islands
- The possibility to publish your work as part of our online open-access report series “Report from the Åland Islands Peace Institute” or the Journal on Autonomy and Security Studies jass.ax which is now accessible through doaj.org
- A collegial and generous atmosphere and the possibility to discuss your research and ideas with the Institute’s staff and networks
- For early career researchers, the possibility to attend a coming E-course “Territorial Autonomy as a Tool for Diversity Management – Lessons from the Åland Example” free of registration fee
An Åland Peace Fellow is expected to work on a theme relevant to the Institute’s areas of priority and Research Plan. A key selection criterion is overlapping research interests and the potential for a mutually beneficial research visit. The ability to combine research and practical societal engagement for peace is considered an asset. They welcome applications from all parts of the world, in particular from regions with experiences of minorities, autonomy arrangements or debates, multilevel governance or conflict. Applicants from a minority or indigenous background and islands are especially encouraged to apply. Applicants must have concluded studies at master level, as a minimum.
Your application is to include:
- a letter of motivation, including full contact details and explaining how a stay in the Åland Islands and the Peace Institute could contribute to your work (max 1.000 words),
- a short outline (max 2.000 words) of the work you intend to undertake as a fellow at the Institute,
- a brief CV (max 2 pages)
- and at least one recent writing sample of relevance to the theme outlined under points 1 and 2 above (e.g. an article, book chapter or published report)
A good command of either English or Swedish/Scandinavian is a prerequisite for being able to fully benefit from the fellowship.
Deadline: 15 January 2021
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd