Applications Invited for DAAD AgEcon Scholarships 2020
Organization: University of Hohenheim
Apply By: 15 Dec 2020
About the Organization:
University of Hohenheim is a campus university located in the south of Stuttgart, Germany. Founded in 1818, they are Stuttgart's oldest university. Its primary areas of specialisation had traditionally been agricultural and natural sciences. Today, however, the majority of their students are enrolled in one of the many study programs offered by the faculty of business, economic and social sciences. The university maintains academic alliances with a number of partner universities and is involved in numerous joint research projects.
DAAD AgEcon Scholarships
A limited number of scholarships are available for outstanding AgEcon candidates from developing countries. These scholarships are provided by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) under its special initiative “Development-Related Postgraduate Courses” (EPOS).
The DAAD initiative aims at providing academically educated young professionals from developing countries with further specialized studies. The typical scholarship holder will come either from a public authority or state or private company in a developing country and as such be engaged in the planning and execution of directives and projects with emphasis on development policy.
- DAAD scholars will receive a monthly stipend of EUR 850 over the two-year AgEcon program period and will do a two-months intensive German language course before the program starts.
- The German language course is an integral part of the DAAD initiative. It takes place in the months of August and September at the Language Center of the University of Hohenheim.
- The selection for the DAAD scholarships is highly competitive. Only developing country nationals with at least four years of full-time university education and an outstanding Bachelor’s degree can apply.
- In addition to the general AgEcon entry requirements, scholarship applicants need to prove a minimum of two years of relevant professional experience. The graduation from university should not be longer than 6 years ago.
- Download, fill and sign the official DAAD application form and make sure to prepare all required documents as described on the DAAD program website
- Unlike stated in the DAAD scholarship application form, please scan and email the application for the DAAD scholarship (as PDF files) to [email protected].
- Professors and employers can also be requested to email the “Letters of recommendation/reference” to the same email address.
- Please upload all the required application documents for admission into the AgEcon program (see admission requirements) and make sure to fill out the online application.
- In addition to the documents required for AgEcon program admission, you have to describe your current work situation at the time of application and submit a letter of reference from your employer, confirming the exact duration of employment and, ideally, guaranteeing re-employment after completion of the AgEcon Master’s program.
Please note: Teaching and research at a university or another research institute are not considered professional experience by the DAAD (exception: PhD postgraduate courses).
Deadline: December 15th 2020
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd