Applications Invited for DSM Brighter Living Scholarship - Nutrition 2020
Organization: One Young World
Apply By: 10 Aug 2020
About the Organization:
One Young World is a UK-based not-for-profit organization that gathers young leaders from around the world to develop solutions to the globe’s most pressing issues. One Young World stages annual summits in different cities where delegates from charities, non-governmental organizations, corporations and universities are joined by world leaders, acting as counsellors.
DSM Brighter Living Scholarship - Nutrition 2020
As a longstanding partner of One Young World, DSM is proud to offer the DSM Brighter Living Scholarship - Nutrition for the One Young World Summit 2021 in Munich.
DSM supports SDG 2; ending hunger, achieving food security and improved nutrition and promoting sustainable agriculture. This scholarship supports DSM's strategy to increase the availability of high-quality affordable and aspirational nutritious foods in low and middle-income countries, and is further related to tackling development issues and achieving sustainable agri- food systems. The food security and livelihoods crisis has been amplified by COVID-19 health risk, is a major health concern and reason for further spurring investment in Nutrition. Immune health has never been more topical as now during the COVID-19 response period. Strong evidence shows that good nutrition is fundamental for a healthy immune system.
In line with the expansion objectives of DSM to support more countries, this scholarship seeks to support two young leaders (aged 18 – 30) from Kenya, Nigeria, Egypt, Tanzania, Zambia, Ghana, India, Bangladesh, Rwanda and Ethiopia who are delivering nutritional solutions for their communities. Specifically, the scholarship seeks entrepreneurs who are improving the agri-food value chain in one of the following ways:
- Shaping opinions: raising awareness of the importance of a balanced and nutritional diet.
- Building brands: developing responsible and nutritious brands which are attractive and affordable for the communities who need them most (especially those with low income, at base of pyramid (BoP).
- Producing locally: sustainably producing local produce or nutritional products to serve local communities.
- Improving small holder farmers value chain: developing/implementing programs to eliminate post-harvest losses for small holder farmers and improve quality of their produce (especially elimination of aflatoxin in maize)
Scholars will receive:
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2021 in Munich
- Hotel accommodation on a shared basis between 22 and 26 (inclusive) April, 2021
- The cost of travel to and from Munich (flights in economy)
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue
- Participation in DSM’s internal on-boarding workshops pre-One Young World workshops (with DSM delegation)
To be eligible to receive this scholarship you must be:
- Aged 18 - 30 by the date of the One Young World Summit 2021.
- A national of Kenya, Nigeria, Egypt, Tanzania, Zambia, Ghana, India, Bangladesh, Rwanda or Ethiopia.
- Have 3 - 5 years experience work in a business and ideally running your own business.
One Young World will assess candidates based on their:
- Evidenced commitment to delivering positive change
- Demonstrated capacity for leadership
- Understanding of key local and/or global issues.
- Track record of generating impactful and innovative.
- One Young World will actively seek and prioritize applicants with an evidenced commitment to addressing malnutrition in a local or national context.
- Looking for: curious and ambitious scholars thinking big on how to impact the agri-food systems in their home markets to provide nutritious foods.
Deadline: 18:00 (BST), 10 August 2020
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd