Applications Invited for Fulbright-Kalam Climate Fellowship 2022
Organization: United States – India Educational Foundation (USIEF)
Apply By: 15 Sep 2021
About the Organization:
The United States – India Educational Foundation (USIEF) promotes mutual understanding between the nationals of India and the U.S. through the educational exchange of outstanding scholars, professionals and students. Since its inception, USIEF has awarded approximately 19,000 Fulbright, Fulbright-Nehru, and other prestigious grants and scholarships in almost every academic discipline.
Fulbright-Kalam Climate Fellowship 2022-23
USIEF administers the Fulbright-Kalam Climate Fellowships to build long-term capacity to address climate change related issues in India and the U.S. The objective is to promote further mutual understanding between the two peoples by a wider exchange of knowledge and professional talents – intend to partner to build long-term capacity in the United States and India by engaging scientific and technical research scholars from both countries related to climate research and education.
Fulbright-Kalam Climate Fellowships are offered for:
Doctoral Research: These fellowships are designed for Indian scholars who are registered for a Ph.D. at an Indian institution. These fellowships are for six to nine months.
Postdoctoral Research: These fellowships are designed for Indian faculty and researchers who are in the early stages of their research careers in India. Fulbright-Kalam Climate Fellowships will provide opportunities to talented faculty and researchers to strengthen their research capacities.
Academic and Professional Excellence: These fellowships aim to provide Indian faculty, researchers, and professionals the opportunity to teach, conduct research, or carry out a combination of teaching and research at a U.S. institution.
Fulbright-Kalam Climate Fellowships for Doctoral Research -
- Applicants registered for their Ph.D. should have conducted adequate research in the relevant field, especially in the identification of resources in India and the U.S. Applicant must be registered for a Ph.D. at an Indian institution on or before November 2, 2020.
- this grant is intended for Ph.D. students to conduct research essential to their dissertations/thesis. Therefore, the expected Ph.D. thesis submission date should at least be three months after the Fulbright-Kalam grant end date.
- If the applicant is employed, s/he must follow the instructions carefully regarding employer’s endorsement. The employer must indicate that leave will be granted for the fellowship period. Applicants can download the “Employer’s Endorsement Form” from the USIEF website; and
- the applicant must upload a copy of original published/presented paper or extracts from the Masters’/M.Phil. thesis in the online application form (not exceeding 20 pages).
Fulbright-Kalam Climate Fellowships for Postdoctoral Research -
- Applicants must have a Ph.D. degree within the past four years. S/he must have obtained a Ph.D. degree between July 15, 2017 and September 14, 2021. The applicants are required to upload his/her Ph.D. or DM degree certificate/provisional Ph.D. or DM certificate on the online application;
- Applicants must have a publication in reputed journals and demonstrate evidence of superior academic and professional achievement. S/he must upload a recent significant publication (copy of paper/article) on the online application (not exceeding 30 pages); and
- if applicant is employed, please follow the instructions carefully regarding employer’s endorsement. If applicable, obtain the endorsement from the appropriate administrative authority on the Letter of Support from Home Institution.
Fulbright-Kalam Climate Fellowships for Academic and Professional Excellence -
- Faculty/researchers must have a Ph.D. degree or equivalent published work with at least five years of relevant teaching/research experience;
- Professionals outside academe must have a master’s degree or equivalent published work with recognized professional standing and at least five years relevant experience;
- The applicant should upload a recent significant publication (copy of paper/article) in the online application (not exceeding 30 pages); and
- If the applicant is employed, s/he must follow the instructions carefully regarding employer’s endorsement. The employer must indicate that leave will be granted for the fellowship period.
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd