Applications Invited for Getty Pre & Postdoctoral Fellowships 2020-21
Organization: The Getty Foundation
Apply By: 01 Oct 2020
About the Organization:
The Getty Foundation was established in 1984 in the belief that philanthropy is a key ingredient in carrying out the mission of the J. Paul Getty Trust. The Getty Foundation fulfills the philanthropic mission of the Getty Trust by supporting individuals and institutions committed to advancing the greater understanding and preservation of the visual arts in Los Angeles and throughout the world. They carry out their work in collaboration with the other Getty Programs to ensure that they individually and collectively achieve maximum effect.
Getty Pre & Postdoctoral Fellowships 2020-21
The Getty Predoctoral and Postdoctoral Fellowships are intended for emerging scholars to complete work on projects related to the Getty Research Institute’s annual research theme or the African American Art History Initiative.
Recipients are in residence at the Getty Research Institute or Getty Villa, where they pursue research projects, complete their dissertations, or expand dissertation for publication. Fellows make use of the Getty collections, join in a weekly meeting devoted to the annual theme, and participate in the intellectual life of the Getty.
- Getty Predoctoral Fellows are in residence for nine months from late-September to late-June and receive a stipend of $30,000 (Rs. 21,83,551.50 approx.)
- Getty Postdoctoral Fellows are in residence for nine months from late-September to late-June and receive a stipend of $35,000 (Rs. 25,47,476.75 approx.)
- Both fellowships also provide a workspace at the Getty Research Institute or the Getty Villa, an apartment in the Getty scholar housing complex, airfare to and from Los Angeles, and makes healthcare options available.
- These terms apply as of July 2020 and are subject to future changes.
- Applications for Getty Pre- and Postdoctoral fellowships are welcome from scholars of all nationalities.
- Current Getty staff and members of their immediate family are not eligible for Pre- and Postdoctoral fellowships.
- Getty Predoctoral Fellowship applicants must have advanced to candidacy by the application deadline and should expect to complete their dissertations during the fellowship period.
- Successful Predoctoral Fellowship applicants who are awarded their degree after the application deadline but before the fellowship begins, or who receive their doctorate while in residence, automatically become Postdoctoral Fellows.
All fellowships are awarded on a competitive basis. Applications will be evaluated by the Getty Research Institute based on:
- The overall quality of the application;
- How the proposed project bears upon the annual research theme;
- The applicant’s past achievements; and
- How the project would benefit from the resources at the Getty, including its library and collections
Deadline: October 1, 2020 (5:00 p.m. PT).
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd