Applications Invited for Ghent University Doctoral Scholarships 2021
Organization: Ghent University
Apply By: 04 Feb 2021
About the Organization:
Ghent University is a top 100 university and one of the major universities in Belgium. Their 11 faculties offer more than 200 courses and conduct in-depth research within a wide range of scientific domains. Ghent University Global Campus is also the first European university in Songdo, South Korea.
Special Research Fund - Doctoral Scholarships call 2021
With support from its “Special Research Fund” (BOF) Ghent University grants PhD “sandwich” scholarships to promising PhD students from developing countries who wish to carry out half of their PhD research at Ghent University (North) and half at a university in a developing country (South).
Ghent University only finances the part of the research that will be carried out in Ghent (24 months), the candidate must have full-time co-funding for the other 24 months of research to be carried out in the South.
Who can apply?
- Candidates need to come from – and have the nationality of – a developing country
- The proposals must be jointly submitted by a candidate, a supervisor (promoter) at Ghent University and a supervisor at the partner university (South)
- No restrictions are imposed on the field of research, nevertheless preference will be given to topics that are relevant for development
- Only degree students (students who intend to obtain a (joint ) PhD degree at Ghent University) are welcome to apply. Exchange students cannot apply for this scholarship
- Ghent university wants to encourage more female researchers to apply for this scholarship. That is why a Ghent University supervisor can support maximum 2 candidates per call on condition they are of a different gender.
Mobility scheme of the scholarship
The following mobility scheme is mandatory:
- Students need to start and end with a research stay of 3 -12 months in Ghent.
- The first research stay in Ghent needs to be started between 1 October 2021 and 28 February 2022.
- At least 24 months of locally funded research stay in the South must be scheduled in between the first and last research stay in Ghent
- PhD scholarship at Ghent University (in total 24 months).
- The Ghent University promoter receives a bench fee of € 310/per month of research in Ghent + € 8000 travel budget to cover (part of) the operational costs, as well as part of the travelling costs of the student and both the Ghent University and the local promoter.
The Research Council makes a selection of the applications based in part on the recommendations obtained from members of the Council for Development Cooperation. Please consult the call documents regarding the importance and definition of development relevance.
Selection criteria -
- the qualifications of the applicant
- the relevance of the research topic for development & capacity building
- the doctoral project
(including the scientific/scholarly potential of the promoter’s research group(s); including the partnership between Ghent University and the local institute; the scientific/scholarly potential of the local institute).
Deadline: 4 February 2021
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd