Applications Invited for Harrison Middleton University Fellowship in Ideas
Organization: Harrison Middleton University
Apply By: 15 Oct 2020
About the Organization:
Harrison Middleton University is a not-for-profit private distance-learning university offering Master of Arts, Doctor of Arts, and Doctor of Education programs in the humanities. Like a handful of traditional, bricks and mortar liberal arts colleges, Harrison Middleton University focuses their scope on the teachings of the Great Ideas and Great Books.
Harrison Middleton University Fellowship in Ideas
The HMU Fellowship in Ideas is a writing and discussion project in the humanities designed for a recent university graduate from any field who has an interest in the humanities, interdisciplinary dialogue, and intellectual and professional enrichment. The Fellowship offers emerging scholars exposure to the history of ideas in Western civilization, networking opportunities amongst an array of academicians, lifelong learners, readers, and thinkers from a broad range of disciplines, and credited authorship in two university publications. Except for conference attendance, all activities of the HMU Fellowship in Ideas may be carried out from any location with adequate telephone and internet access. ** Please note that there wills no conference attendance for the 2021 Fellows as a result of the Covid 19 pandemic.
Role of the Fellows
Over the course of nine months, the HMU Fellow in Ideas will:
- Participate in virtual Socratic discussions with university faculty.
- Contribute two entries to the Harrison Middleton University Blog.
- Publish a book review in HMU: Dialogues, Harrison Middleton University’s biannual newsletter.
The successful applicant to the HMU Fellowship in Ideas will enjoy the following benefits:
- A $500 stipend.
- The opportunity to participate in virtual Socratic discussions with university faculty.
- Online publication in the HMU Blog and HMU: Dialogues.
- At the conclusion of the Fellowship term, a complimentary library of five Great Books Foundation publications.
The successful applicant must:
- Have received a Bachelor’s, Master’s or Doctoral degree (in any field).
- Have an interest in the humanities and the great ideas of Western civilization.
- Have outstanding reading, writing, and communication abilities.
- Commit to writing two blog entries for the HMU Blog and one book review, based on a Great Books Foundation publication to be determined, for HMU: Dialogues.
Submit your application and writing samples as attached Microsoft Word-compatible documents to Information@hmu.edu. The deadline for applications is October 15, 2020.
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd