Applications Invited for Kleinhans Fellowship for Community Forestry Research 2021
Organization: Rainforest Alliance
Apply By: 28 Feb 2021
About the Organization:
The Rainforest Alliance is an international non-profit organization working at the intersection of business, agriculture, and forests to make responsible business the new normal. They are building an alliance to protect forests, improve the livelihoods of farmers and forest communities, promote their human rights, and help them mitigate and adapt to the climate crisis. They are creating a more sustainable world by using social and market forces to protect nature and improve the lives of farmers and foresters.
Kleinhans Fellowship for Community Forestry Research 2021
The fellowship provides funds for research that is oriented toward solving real-world problems as defined by CFEs. Moreover, the planning, implementation and dissemination of research results will be carried out in participatory manner to ensure that it has practical value for communities and helps to inform their action plans.
- Markets for lesser-known species and non-timber forest products (NTFPs).
- Biodiversity management practices.
- Social organization and governance.
- Multi-community enterprises.
- Researchers of any nationality or residence are eligible for the Kleinhans Fellowship; however, the research itself must be conducted in Latin America.
- Applicants must have a master’s degree in forestry, ecology, botany, environmental science or an appropriately related field.
- Doctoral candidates or post-doctoral researchers are preferred, although applicants may substitute relevant experience for higher-level degrees.
- The fellowship provides a grant of $20,000 (US) per year for two years. Please note that the fellowship will not subsidize academic tuition or fees, nor will it cover the cost of purchasing transport vehicles or equipment that is unnecessary or unreasonable.
- A proposal that does not exceed seven typed pages in length. The proposal should include an abstract, a review of the relevant literature, detailed methodology and a discussion of the project's practical applications
- A budget
- A copy of the candidate's curriculum vitae or resume
- Two letters of recommendation
- A list of past, current and potential funding sources for both the applicant and the project
Applicants are required to submit their completed application by email to Deanna Newsom at email@example.com
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd