Applications Invited for Rothamsted International Fellowship 2020
Organization: Rothamsted Research
Apply By: 28 Sep 2020
About the Organization:
Rothamsted Research is a world-leading, non-profit research centre that focuses on strategic agricultural science to the benefit of farmers and society worldwide. Their scientists publish around 300 papers in international science journals each year, of which more than 70% are open access. They also make numerous data, software tools and other information widely available to the global scientific community and other stakeholders or beneficiaries of their work. Rothamsted Research has partnerships with numerous research institutions and universities in over 50 countries.
Rothamsted International Fellowship 2020
The Rothamsted International Fellowship aims to promote the exchange of vital agricultural research skills between Rothamsted Research and scientist from Low- to Middle- income countries.
The Fellowship will support overseas scientists to train at either of Rothamsted Research’s main sites for 6-12 months on a research project they co-develop with a senior scientist at Rothamsted who will supervise the project.
The Fellowship will provide the successful candidate with:
- Supervision and training at Rothamsted Research;
- Funds for Research costs related to their project;
- Access to world-class research facilities and scientific support;
- Funds for accommodation and subsistence;
- Funds for travel between the home country and the UK.
- The Candidate must be of doctoral status, with at least two years’ post-doctoral experience. Candidates without Higher Degrees must have equivalent research experience to be considered eligible for the scheme;
- Applications will not be considered where the main objective of the visit is research leading to a higher degree for the Candidate;
- The Candidate must be a citizen, or be based exclusively in a low- to middle- income country. Please note that this will be defined as the countries listed on the DAC list of ODA recipients;
- Candidates who have extensive and/or continuous employment in a high-income country are not eligible for RI Fellowships;
- It is essential that the Candidate returns to employment in their home country where the experience gained through the RI Fellowship can be applied;
- Applications are submitted by the UK supervisor, but must be of relevance to research in the candidate’s home country. It is therefore essential that the candidate makes contact with the UK supervisor and helps to co-develop the research proposal. Proposals with minimal contributions from the candidate, or supervisor, are unlikely to succeed;
- In addition to the support of the UK supervisor, applications must also have the approval from the Head of Department where the fellowship will be hosted.
Duration: 6-12 Months
Deadline: 28th September 2020
For further information, click here to email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd