Applications Invited for TRACE Investigative Reporting Fellowship 2021
Organization: Alfred Friendly Press Partners
Apply By: 16 Sep 2020
About the Organization:
Alfred Friendly Press Partners provides training in the United States and abroad for journalists from countries with underdeveloped media. Alfred Friendly Press Partners bonds with journalists and news organizations from information hungry societies and prepares them to practice professional, ethical, and innovative journalism. They accomplish their mission through hands-on training in U.S. and international newsrooms and within the Missouri School of Journalism.
TRACE Investigative Reporting Fellowship 2021
TRACE and Alfred Friendly share the belief in the power of investigative journalism to hold the powerful accountable and strengthen democracies.
The fellowship program begins with a three-week orientation and training seminar at the Missouri School of Journalism in Columbia, Missouri designed to prepare the fellows – both personally and professionally – for the challenges of living and working in the United States.
Topics for seminars and hands-on training include ethics, writing, editing, multimedia reporting, investigative reporting and data journalism. At the middle of the program, fellows and staff come together for advanced training sessions. Fellows join the staffs of one or more major U.S. media outlets for five months. A final seminar in Washington allows them to compare and evaluate their experiences and discuss their impressions of the American media, and to learn and practice presentations to make in their home countries to share what they’ve learned with colleagues.
- The fellowship covers all costs of program-related international and domestic U.S. travel, health insurance and provides a monthly stipend to cover basic living expenses.
- It is highly recommended that fellows bring additional money with them. While family members may visit for up to one month, they cannot accompany the fellow for the duration of the fellowship.
- Open to early-career professional journalists from developing countries.
- The successful candidate will be 25-35 years old and have at least three years of experience as a journalist at a print, online or broadcast media outlet.
- Participants working as staff reporters in their host newsrooms are required to develop training plans that they implement when they return to their home newsrooms.
Press partners must receive completed applications by September 16, 2020. Email to application form and documents to email@example.com. The subject of the email should be TRACE Fellowship Application AFPP.
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd