Applications Invited for UN-FAO Fellows Program 2021
Organization: Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO)
Apply By: 08 Aug 2021
About the Organization:
Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger and improve nutrition and food security. The FAO is headquartered in Rome, Italy and maintains regional and field offices around the world, operating in over 130 countries. They help governments and development agencies coordinate their activities to improve and develop agriculture, forestry, fisheries, and land and water resources. They also conduct research, provides technical assistance to projects, operates educational and training programs, and collects data on agricultural output, production, and development.
UN-FAO Fellows Program 2021
The Fellows Programme is designed to attract fellows, typically PhD students, researchers and professors, who have an advanced level of relevant technical knowledge and experience in any field of the Organization. They are willing to fulfil their specialized learning objectives and at the same time, contribute their technical expertise and knowledge through time-bound arrangements with FAO.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
The fellow will perform the functions specified in the Terms of Reference (TOR), prepared by the hiring office before the beginning of the assignment and agreed by the fellow.
- Graduate or post-graduate degree (Master’s or PhD) or be enrolled in a PhD programme in a bona fide (i.e. listed in IAU/UNESCO database) educational institution at the time of the application.
- Candidates must specialize in a field relevant to the mission and work of FAO.
- Working knowledge of at least one FAO language (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian or Spanish).
- Knowledge of a second FAO language will be considered an asset.
- Be nationals of FAO Member Nations.
- Age: no age limits.
- Candidates should be able to adapt to an international multicultural environment and have good communication skills.
- Candidates with family members (defined as brother, sister, mother, father, son or daughter) employed by FAO under any type of contractual arrangement are not eligible for the Fellows Programme.
- Candidates should have appropriate residence or immigration status in the country of assignment.
FAO Core Competencies:
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd