Applications Invited for Western Union Foundation Fully Funded Accelerator and Fellowship 2021
Organization: Watson Institute
Apply By: 09 Jul 2021
About the Organization:
Watson Institute is a place where next generation entrepreneurs and leaders can find their community, discover their calling, and accelerate their careers. We provide the tools, network, mindset, and courage for the next generation to solve the toughest challenges facing the world, launch successful careers, and lead impactful lives. Watson Institute’s 260 Scholars and Alumni from 60 countries have raised over $100 million, created over 800 part or full-time jobs, and impacted 150,000 people around the world through initiatives they help lead.
Western Union Foundation Fully Funded Accelerator and Fellowship 2021
The Fellowship is a program for young entrepreneurs and community leaders who are from and working with highly marginalized, refugee, and forcibly displaced communities around the globe. This year-long program is designed to equip these next-generation entrepreneurs and leaders with the skills and experience to increase access to economic opportunity, integrate into their communities, succeed in the evolving nature of work, and transform their communities.
This is a fully funded program thanks to the support of Western Union Foundation. Final program launch and design are pending Western Union Foundation approval.
Support Provided to the Fellows:
- Seed Funding: Seed funding to run Basecamp and advance the ventures and community initiatives of the Fellows.
- Training and Skill Development: Training in the skills required to increase access to economic opportunity, integrate into their communities as leaders and entrepreneurs, and advance their careers.
- Master Courses: A Master Course series to help Fellows develop key entrepreneurship skills and build a global network.
- Basecamp Training and Manual: Additional training and a step by step manual for Fellows to run an impactful Basecamp in their communities.
- Basecamp Materials: The materials required by participants to organize and run an effective Basecamp in their communities.
- Monitoring & Evaluation Processes and Support: Watson Institute will work with Fellows to measure the impact and Return on Investment (ROI) of the Accelerator and Basecamps.
- Demo Day: A high profile Demo Day at the end of the Fellowship in which Fellows present their story, progress, and impact to a global audience, including Western Union employees and mentors.
- Network: Access to a global network including Western Union employees.
After the two week Accelerator, each Fellow will join a year-long Fellowship including -
- Lead a Basecamp in their respective community. A stipend will be given for logistical and administrative costs.
- Join a monthly All Hands on Deck meeting that include skill development workshops and opportunities to build community amongst the cohort
- Receive $1,000 in Seed Funding to launch/grow their ventures and initiatives
- Regularly attend Master Courses with the world’s leading entrepreneurs and practitioners, further strengthen their skills, and build a powerful global network. Past Master Course teachers include co-recipients of the Nobel Peace Prize, the youngest person to run for US Congress, and the inventor of Google’s self-driving car.
- Join a pod with other Fellows from their respective regions and regularly check in with each other via regular one-on-one meetings.
- This program is for next-generation highly promising entrepreneurs and community leaders who are from and working with highly marginalized, refugee, and forcibly displaced communities around the globe.
- Ideal applicants will join with relevant social impact and leadership experiences with proven experience of building community development projects within these communities.
- They are looking for applicants from the following countries: Austria, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ethiopia, France, Germany, India, Italy, Jordan, Kenya, Lebanon, Mexico, United Arab Emirates, Pakistan, Peru, Philippines, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Uganda, United Kingdom, United States
- You must be able to commit to the intensive two-week Accelerator (July 19th – July 30th) and the year-long Fellowship program (July 2021-July 2022).
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd