Applications Invited for Women's Economic Empowerment Accelerator
Organization: Miller Center
Apply By: 22 Oct 2021
About the Organization
Miller Center is at the forefront of the global social entrepreneurship movement, with a robust track record of accelerating social enterprises since 2003.
Social entrepreneurs around the world are innovating solutions to tackle our most pressing social problems and addressing the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). We believe that social entrepreneurship is leading the way in transforming markets for good and ultimately propelling us to end poverty.
Our work with social entrepreneurs is creating proof points for the case that business can be a driving force for positive change. Our proven model unites the talents and expertise of our executive mentors, world-class programs, Silicon Valley’s spirit of innovation and entrepreneurship, and Santa Clara University’s Jesuit heritage of serving the poor and marginalized.
As we advance our mission, we are focused on social enterprises working in the areas of women’s economic empowerment and climate resilience for their disproportionate potential to eliminate poverty and the opportunities they provide to achieve outsized impact. By accompanying social entrepreneurs on their journeys to impact, we are committed to being part of the solution to end global poverty for the next generation.
About the Fellowship
Women spend considerably more of their incremental income on their households than men do. When women earn more, they have more to invest in their families’ education, nutrition, home improvement, and general welfare, with ripple effects that extend beyond their immediate families — lifting the living standards and well-being of entire communities.
Social entrepreneurship offers some of the most compelling hope for women’s economic empowerment — as founders and leaders, customers, employees, and value chain contributors.
The Women’s Economic Empowerment (WEE) Accelerator is for social enterprises that are intentional about supporting women in one or more of the following ways:
- Social Enterprise Leaders: The primary participant identifies as female and is a founder, CEO, or other top-level leader with decision-making authority.
- Employees: The business model intentionally creates more jobs for women within the enterprise.
- Value Chain Contributors: The organization creates increasing business opportunities for women along its value chain (e.g., using a village sales agent model that is more amenable to women villagers’ lifestyle or buying products made by women).
- Customers: Predominantly female customers by design. In this case, “customers” refers to those who are positively impacted by the enterprise.
- A senior leader (e.g., CEO, Executive Director, Managing Director)
- Fluent in English
- Has consistent and reliable access to internet connectivity
- Has the bandwidth to participate in the program’s 6-month duration, requiring an average of 4-6 hours/week
- Committed to creating positive benefits for people living in poverty, addressing one or more of the UN Sustainable Development Goals
- Committed to scale its solution far beyond current operations
- Has been operational for at least a year and is delivering products/services to customers
- Has at least $20,000 USD but no more than $2M USD in annual earned income and is not entirely dependent on contributions or grants
- Has at least 3 paid, full-time employees (or equivalent)
- Has at least 3-months of cash runway
Deadline to apply is October 22, 2021.
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd