Applications Invited for Young Leaders Access Program 2021
Organization: International AIDS Society (IAS)
Apply By: 07 Mar 2021
About the Organization:
The International AIDS Society (IAS) leads collective action on every front of the global HIV response through its membership base, scientific authority and convening power. Founded in 1988, the IAS is the world’s largest association of HIV professionals, with members in more than 170 countries. Working with its members, the IAS advocates and drives urgent action to reduce the impact of HIV. The IAS is also the steward of the world’s most prestigious HIV conferences: the International AIDS Conference, the IAS Conference on HIV Science, and the HIV Research for Prevention Conference.
Young Leaders Access Program 2021
Young Leaders Access Program (YLP) team, mentors, and mentees all work together to impact communities through innovative ideas and concrete projects, hence truly accomplishing the purpose of Local Change Through Global Exchange®.
Given the situation with the COVID-19 worldwide pandemic, the YLP team is implementing the program to fully virtual by through e-modules, Zoom discussions, and virtual one-on-one learning between mentors and mentees.
Young Leaders Access Program 2021 begins with the Community Needs Assessment, a 2-month community needs mapping project that prepares young people to better understand their own local community. After the community needs assessment, Young Leaders participate in a 3-month intensive Virtual Program that helps them become leaders of positive change in their communities. After Virtual Learning, participants spend 7 months developing their action plans with support from alumni mentors.
As a young leader you will
- Co-create a digital space for young people alongside a dedicated, tech-savvy and innovative group of young leaders, supported by a team of IT and design experts
- Launch the space at IAS 2021 Virtual, the world’s most influential conference on HIV science
- Receive $2000 for your time and to cover the costs of internet data
- Learn vital skills in communications, project management, and design
- Mentor the next cohort of young leaders.
Young leaders must meet these selection criteria:
- Be between 18 and 29
- Be connected to a youth-led, youth-enabling or youth-servingorganization working in the HIV response, either as a volunteer, employee or beneficiary
- Be creative, tech-savvy and passionate about the potential of digital technology to contribute to the HIV response
- Have a demonstrated commitment tothe HIV response in your community
- Showcase strong leadership qualities
- Be agreeable to be featured in digital media
- Be available for full time working hours (8 hours per day) between5-13 Apriland 18-21 July 2021
- Be available to take on ad hoc tasks and be an ambassador for the digital space (approximately 3 days total)
- Be available and willing to mentor the next cohort of young leaders in 2022 (approximately 5 days total)
- Have a working knowledge of English OR have translation support from your organization for the duration of the programme
- Young people from key populations and low and middle income countries are particularly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 23:59 CET Sunday 7th March 2021.
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd