Applications Invited for Young Professionals Program (WBG YPP) 2020
Organization: World Bank Group (WBG)
Apply By: 21 Sep 2020
About the Organization:
World Bank Group (WBG) is one of the world’s largest sources of funding and knowledge for development solutions. The World Bank is a vital source of financial and technical assistance to developing countries around the world.
Young Professionals Program (WBG YPP)
The WBG YPP is a unique opportunity for young professionals who have both a passion for international development/ finance and the potential to grow into impactful leadership roles across the World Bank Group.
The program is designed for highly qualified and motivated individuals who hold a graduate degree and are skilled in areas relevant to public and private sector development operations. These areas include economics, finance and political risk insurance in emerging markets, education, health, social sciences, infrastructure development, engineering, urban planning, agriculture, natural resource management, and others.
- The WBG YPP is a two-year leadership development program at the start of a five-year employment contract with the World Bank, IFC or MIGA. As part of the two-year curriculum, YPs undertake rotational assignments within their host organization, another WBG institution and/or a field office, where they gain valuable hands-on experience in different areas of our business. WBG YPs make significant contributions to their host unit’s work program, while building networks and knowledge of our policies and operations –on the job and in the classroom.
- Young Professionals are likely to join colleagues on business trips to the field, also called ‘missions.’ These missions allow YPs to work on the frontlines of global development, learning key aspects of our work while directly engaging with clients in developing countries. In addition, as part of the WBG YPP curriculum, YPs are encouraged to take rotations in the field.
- The WBG YPP curriculum has been designed to ensure that YPs develop a WBG mindset, the foundational knowledge to understand and contribute to our business and the competencies required for leadership development: collaboration, team-building, integrative thinking, innovation, and continuous learning.
Compensation and Benefits
- YPs are offered a competitive salary and benefits package as part of a 5-year term contract. Benefits include health, life and accident insurance, a pension plan and possible relocation and mobility benefits depending on WBG guidelines.
- Born on or after October 1, 1988A Masters’s or doctoral degree.
- Specialization in a field relevant to YPP Business Areas (such as Agriculture & Food, Digital Development, Health & Nutrition, Loans, Equity, Climate Change, Gender, Energy, Water, Infrastructure, etc.)
- Relevant professional experience or continued study at the doctoral level.
- Fluency in English.
- The Banks Group recruitment policy is to hire a staff of the highest caliber, on as wide a geographical basis as possible, with preference to nationals of WBG member countries or countries of operations.
To be competitive, applicants should additionally:
- Display a commitment and passion for international development
- Possess outstanding academic credentials
- Exhibit excellent client engagement and team leadership skills
The following attributes are a plus:
- Work experience in emerging markets or developing countries
- Full proficiency in one of the following official WBG languages: Arabic, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish.
To be considered for the WBG YPP, applicants must submit:
- Academic Transcripts
- 2 Short Essays
- Short Summary of Thesis or Dissertation (World Bank candidates only)
- 3 Professional or Academic Recommendations
Deadline: September 21
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd