Applications invited for SBI Youth for India Fellowship 2020-21
Organization: SBI Youth For India
Apply By: 30 Apr 2020
In a democracy, the well-being, individuality, and happiness of every citizen is important for the overall prosperity, peace, and happiness of the nation.
- Dr. A. P. J. Abdul Kalam
SBI Youth for India Fellowship
The fellowship provides a framework for India's best minds to join hands with rural communities, emphathize with their struggles and connect with their aspirations.
Launched on 1st March, 2011, the pilot batch had 27 fellows who successfully completed the fellowship.
The concept received a positive feedback from all the stakeholders involved, considerable impact was assessed on the ground.
The Program seeks to help India secure an equitable and sustainable growth path by:
- Providing educated and passionate urban Indian Youth with an opportunity to touch lives and create positive change at the grass root level in rural India
- Providing NGOs working on development projects in rural India with educated manpower whose skill sets can be used to catalyze rural development.
- Promoting a forum for the Program alumni to share ideas and contribute to rural development throughout their professional life
The SBI Youth for India Fellowship has been uniquely designed to assist your transition into a rural environment. It ascertains that the process of assessment of ground realities, identification of a project that combines the need of the community, your interest and the strengths of the NGO
The candidates shortlisted in the first stage will be notified on an on-going basis during the application period. In the next stage, a series of screenings will be conducted and the last phase will include Final Interviews conducted in major cities. We will constantly be in touch with the candidates shortlisted in the final stage on an online forum to know them better as well as clarify their doubts regarding the fellowship.
- Young Professionals or Fresh Graduates
- Age 21-32 (as on date of commencement of programme)
- Indian citizen/OCI
- Stipend: Rs 15,000/- to meet living expenses
- Local Transport Allowance: Rs 1,000/- per month
- A Readjustment Allowance of Rs. 50,000/- upon successful completion of the Fellowship
- To and fro travel costs of the Fellows from his/her place of residence to project location as well as for training programmes
- Medical Insurance
- Mentorship by experienced professionals in the field
- Access to the Community through well-established Partner NGOs
- Linkages with premier organizations of the country
Short-listed candidates are called for interview rounds held across major cities in India.
Final Selection & Background Research
- Candidates selected post interview will be notified via e-mail and/or SMS.
- On confirmation, candidate will be sent the offer letter specifying details of the programme, fellowship support and terms and conditions of the fellowship.
- He/She will also have access to further material about the programme areas of our partner NGOs. This will help candidates to decide upon preferred NGOs
The candidates will be given access to documents related to NGO program areas and description. You will research, read and familiarize yourself with these to be able to decide on your preferred programme area and partner NGO. As the fellowship is divided into two cohorts, August and October, your cohort will be decided during this phase.
The fellowship is a 13-month long commitment. It commences with an orientation where SBI Youth for India team along with partner NGO officials and development experts will familiarize and introduce the fellows to the concepts of rural development. This is the time when the fellows will be allocated their NGOs, project locations and mentors.
Life Post Fellowship
After completion of the Program:
- You can continue in the rural development sector with NGOs or explore social entrepreneurship opportunities.
- You can pursue further studies or other fellowships.
- You can return to the mainstream and apply your learning to develop products and services more suited to Rural India.
- More than 70% of our alumni have continued to work in the development sector
The eligibility and process is as mentioned below to apply for the SBI Youth for India fellowship. We select a niche group of candidates for the fellowship through a series of selection phases.
Timelines for Application
Application Phase 1 last date – 30 April 2020
Application Phase 2– 25 March to 11 May 2020
Phase 3 last date – 15 May to 15 June 2020
To Apply - Target link > https://you4.in/NGOBox-Banner-2020
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd