USF STEM Fellowship
Organization: Universe Simplified Foundation
Apply By: No Deadline
Universe Simplified Foundation is a Mumbai based non-profit that envisions a world where education empowers every student and community to find innovative solutions to real life challenges. Our Innovation Hub Module program is run within schools and community centers and is based on the STEM curriculum. STEM Education is Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics integrated into project based learning. It is an interdisciplinary approach based on real world challenges which inculcates critical thinking and problem solving skills in children.
The USF STEM Fellowship is a full time, two year immersive fellowship during the course of which the fellow will take the ownership of setting up and running low cost, STEM based Innovation Hubs within low income schools and community centers for rural and urban children. In addition to gaining an in-depth understanding of inquiry driven and hands-on STEM education, the fellows will also work on multiple social innovation projects during the course of the fellowship.
Roles & Responsibilities of the STEM Fellow:
- Working directly with the children and facilitating hands-on, inquiry driven STEM workshops for grades 6 to 10.
- Program execution and operations for the assigned Innovation Hubs.
- Development of STEM-based curriculum and modules.
- Working on innovative projects for rural and urban development. Few examples include a smokeless chulla, water harvesting system and an electric bike.
- Engaging the stakeholders (parents, teachers, and communities) by conducting regular meetings and maintaining the feedback cycle.
- Training/ coordinating with interns.
This is not an exhaustive list.
Training provided during the Fellowship:
- Facilitating sessions and mentoring children in inquiry driven STEM curriculum
- Program execution, planning, and time management
- STEM Skills (Mechanical Projects/ Electronics/ Robotics/ etc)
- Design thinking for social innovation
- Two years; full time
- Duration: April 2020 - March 2022
- Monthly Stipend - Rs. 20,000 (including housing allowance)
- Location - Vaholi village, Maharashtra, India (An hour from Kalyan)
- Indian citizen
- Age: Above 21 years
- Language requirement: English, Hindi & Marathi
- Work experience: Not mandatory
- Minimum education requirement: None
You should Apply if you are:
- Passionate about the Education Sector
- Love tinkering and making projects
- Excited by Science and Technology
- Want to become a STEM Educator
How to apply:
Please fill the application form - USF STEM Fellowship 2020 - 2022 Application Form
Or drop an email at email@example.com for more details.
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd