Applications Invited for Thomson Reuters Foundation: Health Reporting – Asia-Pacific – Online Program
Organization: Thomson Reuters Foundation
Event Duration: 17 Aug. 2020 - 28 Aug. 2020
Apply By: 07 Aug 2020
About the Organization:
Thomson Reuters Foundation is the London-based charitable foundation founded in 1983 by Thomson Reuters. The Foundation is registered as a charity in the United States and United Kingdom and is headquartered in Canary Wharf, London. The Foundation scaled down its grant making activities, revamped existing programs and launched new projects – all aimed at leveraging the skills and expertise of the company.
Thomson Reuters Foundation: Health Reporting – Asia-Pacific – Online Program
Thomson Reuters Foundation is conducting one-week distance training workshop in English to provide journalists with the skillset and knowledge needed to better understand and report on the most topical public health care issues. There will be a focus on advanced breast cancer and lung cancer as well as the effects on COVID-19 on health care systems in the region.
The workshop, which is sponsored by Novartis, will connect journalists with key experts and enable them to network with peers from different parts of the Asia-Pacific region. It will involve a blend of lively interactive online sessions, expert briefings, discussions, practical wiring exercises and simulations, to sustain a highly practical, engaging and relevant experience.
The content includes investigative, interviewing and news-gathering techniques, how to select different story angles, and delves into the specific challenges of public health reporting including ethical considerations when interviewing vulnerable people and covering sensitive issues. Journalists will also explore how to spot misinformation; the latest advances and research; and ways to simplify the scientific jargon and contextualise data.
- The group will meet each day for a live 120-minute video session with trainers and/or expert speakers to ask questions, share ideas, learn new skills and practice them with post-session assignments. An exclusive closed forum will be created for continued discussions about learnings and exchange of tips and interactions among the group.
- The journalists will have daily access to the trainers for mentoring on their stories during the two weeks.
- Daily 120-minute live video sessions with trainers which includes guest speakers, presentations, Q&A, exercises and discussions
- Daily one-on-one access of 10-minute slots with trainers for additional Q&A and mentoring
- Short assignments and activities
- Trainers available for 10-minute slots of one-on-one mentoring of participants
- Wrap up live video session of 120 minutes
*In total, participants should allow for 4 hours of work each day in the week (August 17-21) plus any 10-minute mentoring slots they sign up for in the second week (August 24-27).
- Applicants must be full-time journalists or regular contributors working for media organisations, preferably top or first tier, based in the Asia-Pacific region, including; Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Korea, Philippines and India
- They must have a minimum of five years’ professional experience, and either specialise in health reporting or have demonstrable interest in covering this sector.
- Applicants must have access to a minimum internet speed of 1 MB/second.
When applying you will be asked to upload the following documents – please have them ready:
- 2 relevant work samples (maximum file size 5 MB). TV/Radio journalists can send in their scripts and a brief summary or links to online versions. Participants are encouraged to provide circulation and reach of their publication
- A biography of up to 250 words outlining your career
- A statement of between 250 and 500 words describing any factors affecting your work as a journalist and how you hope to benefit from this training programme which you are applying for.
If you have any difficulties applying, please email email@example.com
Deadline: 07 August
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd