Applications Invited for UNECE “Humans Locked Down, Nature Unlocked” Global Photo Contest 2020
Organization: United Nations Economic Commission for Europe (UNECE)
Event Duration: 25 Jul. 2020 - 15 Sep. 2020
Apply By: 15 Sep 2020
About the Organization:
The United Nations Economic Commission for Europe (UNECE) was set up in 1947 by ECOSOC. UNECE's major aim is to promote Pan-European economic integration. UNECE includes 56 member States in Europe, North America and Asia. However, all interested United Nations Member States may participate in the work of UNECE. Over 70 international professional organizations and other non-governmental organizations take part in UNECE activities.
UNECE “Humans Locked Down, Nature Unlocked” Global Photo Contest 2020
The COVID-19 outbreak is a tragic moment in human history. The pandemic has claimed many lives and continues to have an extremely negative impact on our economies and societies. It came suddenly and forced many of us into lockdown. This long period of isolation made us reflect on the vulnerability of our society and on the need to #buildbackbetter, including by promoting biodiversity and the restoration of ecosystems.
The sights of nature during lockdown kept us positive, reminding us of nature’s beauty and power. While locked down at home, we have seen some remarkable images of animals walking through deserted cities, ducks and dolphins reappearing in canals and nearing shores, birds settling in gardens, butterflies flying undisturbed, plants growing in the cracks of empty streets. Images like these are unique and historical. The United Nations Economic Commission for Europe, based in Geneva, is inviting you to share your images.
Please note that:
- Each individual can submit a maximum of 3 photographs;
- The entry must be an original photograph taken by the participant (the usual copyright conditions apply*);
- All photographs submitted must be in JPEG format, other formats will not be accepted;
- Zip files will not be accepted or opened;
- You should ensure the photo submitted is in sufficiently high resolution, size should be maximum 20 MB;
- Only original photos will be considered.
- By taking part in this contest, your photographs will gain a chance to appear in a web-based gallery and will be promoted by the United Nations.
- The best 13 photographs will be used to illustrate a 2021 calendar of the United Nations Economic Commission for Europe which will be widely distributed among delegates worldwide, as well as a photography exhibition which will be organized in the Palais des Nations in Geneva in autumn 2020 to celebrate and promote the start of the UN Decade on Ecosystem Restoration.
Deadline: September 15, 2020
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd