Applications Invited for UNIATF Awards for Prevention and Control of Non-communicable Diseases 2020
Organization: World Health Organization (WHO)
Event Duration: 15 Sep. 2020 - 30 Sep. 2020
Apply By: 05 Jun 2020
About the Organization:
World Health Organization (WHO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that is concerned with international public health. WHO are responsible for the World Health Report, the worldwide World Health Survey, and World Health Day
UN Inter-Agency Task Force on the Prevention and Control of Non-communicable Diseases Awards 2020
The United Nations Inter-Agency Task Force on the Prevention and Control of Noncommunicable Diseases is calling for nominations for the 2020 Award to recognize achievements during 2019 on multisectoral action in the prevention and control of NCDs, mental health and the wider NCD-related Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Awards will be made in four categories:
- Ministries of health and government health agencies
- Ministries and government agencies outside health
- UN country teams
- Non-governmental organizations, academia and foundations.
- Awards for individuals will not be accepted.
Winners will be selected committee consisting of a number of United Nations agencies that are members of the United Nations Inter-Agency Task Force on the Prevention and Control of Non-communicable Diseases.
Who can make nominations:
Anyone can submit a nomination. Nominations cannot come from an individual working in the institution that is being nominated. An agency cannot nominate itself.
What they are looking for:
Those being nominated should demonstrate an outstanding contribution to multisectoral action in the prevention and control of NCDs, mental health or other NCD-related SDGs at a local, national, regional or international level.
The application should describe how the institution, agency or organization being nominated has demonstrated the ability to:
- Create new and innovative approaches and activities;
- Lead the agenda and work with partners;
- Mobilize resources, knowledge and expertise;
- Meet challenges and overcome significant obstacles;
- Act as an exemplar to others.
How to submit a nomination?
The nomination form can be accessed here. Nominations should be written in English. Should you experience any issues accessing the nomination form please send an email to email@example.com.
- The name and address of the institution, agency or organization being nominated;
- The name and email address of a focal point in the institution, agency or organization that is being nominated;
- The name and email address of the nominator along with the organization the nominator is working for as well as the relationship to the institution, agency or organization that is being nominated;
- Reasons for the nomination. It is important that outcomes are fully described. Links to relevant publication on the internet are encouraged to enhance information available to the selection committee (maximum 4500 characters);
- For non-governmental organizations, academia and foundations. (The nominator must complete the WHO standard form for declaration of interests. The organization being nominated must complete the arms and tobacco disclosure statement. Both forms must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org).
Deadline: 5 June 2020
For more information please check the Link
MICA CDMC Masterclass (Virtual): Development Communication Design for Social Impact and CSR Partnerships. Register Now
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd