Applications invited for Leadership for Gender Equality Summit - A South Asia Event
Organization: British Council
Event Duration: 17 Mar. 2021 - 18 Mar. 2021
Apply By: 16 Mar 2021
To register for the Leadership for Gender Equality Summit, click here (no registration fee applicable)
The British Council is an international organisation in the UK, established for cultural relations and educational opportunities. The British Council believes that there has been significant progress in acknowledging the importance of empowering girls and women in the past few decades. Owing to a collaborative global effort, the glaring gender gap has narrowed over time, but there is still a long way to equity and equality of all genders..The recent pandemic too has revealed that deep inequalities and gender gaps still continue to exist and women are still struggling to find an equal footing. To address this issue of gender disparity around the globe, the British Council is providing a platform for discussion and dialogue to influence policies, works with partners to promote equal opportunities for women and contributes to the skill development of women and girls so that they can influence the decisions that affect their lives.
Hence, to develop a shared vision for the future, the British Council is hosting a two-day mega event, The Leadership for Gender Equality Summit, to create an open forum for discussion and dialogue. Being held virtually, in light of the pandemic, the event brings together thought leaders at the South Asia level, with participation from India, Sri-Lanka, Bangladesh and Pakistan. Through this event, we hope to improve access to case studies, role models and networks for progressing gender equality and women’s leadership through digital platforms. We will sketch a renewed vision for women to outdo the old gender stereotypes and to be their own voice in a digital world.
Date: 17 - 18 March 2021
Time: 2:00 PM - 5:30 PM (IST)
Register Here: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_0gmBKsU6REmYzhZsNyF1GA
- 30+ experts from across South Asia converge to express their opinions on different aspects of gender equality
- High-spirited discussion forums on gender issues to explore creative solutions to challenges faced by women
- Synthesis of panel discussions, workshops and fireside chats on the overarching theme of Women in Leadership
- Dynamic business leaders, policy makers and experts from international organizations like the UN, leading corporates, philanthropic organizations, and more
Themes of the event
- Strengthening women’s access to digital technology
- Making the virtual world safer
- Leadership for women in climate resilience
Who can register?
Anyone who is willing to explore creative solutions to challenges faced by women.
To register, click here. Kindly note that no registration fee is applicable.
For any queries, write to us at email@example.com or call on 8057501627.
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd