Application Invited for The Global Development Awards 2020
Organization: Global Development Network
Apply By: 30 Sep 2020
Grant Amount: 45000 USD
About the Organization:
The Global Development Network (GDN) is a public international organization that supports high quality, policy-oriented, social science research in developing and transition countries to promote better lives. It supports researchers with financial resources, global networking, as well as access to information, training, peer review and mentoring. GDN acts on the premise that better research leads to more informed policies and better, more inclusive development. Through its global platform, #GDN connects social science researchers with policymakers and development stakeholders across the world. Founded in 1999, GDN is currently headquartered in New Delhi.
About the Grant:
The Japanese Award for Outstanding Research on Development is a competitive research grant program under the Global Development Awards Competition 2020. The Awards Competition is administered by GDN and supported by the Ministry of Finance, Government of Japan. This award program identifies and funds outstanding research proposals in low-income or middle-income countries with high potential for excellence in research and clear policy implications for addressing development issues.
Grant Amount: $45,000
- Eligible countries for the ORD competition are those classified by the World Bank as low-income or middle-income countries. The competition is open only to researchers who are citizens or permanent residents of these countries. The applicants (including team members) can be asked to submit proof of their citizenship and residency through documents with legal standing, at any point during the competition. Please note that all personal information details as provided in the application (and CV) should be factually correct, else the application will be liable for disqualification. The information on the Identity Card will remain strictly confidential with GDN. Citizens of eligible countries currently residing in a non-eligible country are only allowed to apply if they have been living in the non-eligible country for no more than five years as of 20 July 2020. This should be clearly shown as in the CV and personal information should be provided. In case any information is found to be incorrect, the proposal is liable for disqualification during any stage of the competition, including after the grant has been conferred.
CVs for all team members must be included in the application. The CVs should clearly state the age of all team members, the citizenships for all team members and the country of residence for the past five years for all team members and the current institutional affiliations for all team members. These details are mandatory, and an application will be deemed incomplete if these details are not submitted.
- The upper age limit for all applicants is 45 years as of 20 July 2020. Individuals above 45 years of age as of 20 July 2020 are not eligible to apply.
- The proposal should not be receiving or scheduled to receive funds from other sources to be eligible for consideration for the ORD unless it is clearly explained how the additional funds provided by the ORD would reinforce the existing funds for successful completion of the research.
- Staff members of multilateral and bilateral organizations (The World Bank, IMF, IADB, UN agencies, UKAid , etc.) are not eligible to apply.
- Previous and current employees of GDN or its Regional Network Partners2 are not eligible to apply up till 5 years from the completion of their tenure. Previous GDN Board Members, project mentors and members of evaluation teams are not eligible to apply.
- Similar proposals or papers resulting as products from full or partial GDN funded activities (Global Research Projects and other competitions not limited to Regional Research Competitions, Global Research Competitions etc.), cannot be submitted for this competition.
- Past ORD winners and finalists are not eligible to apply with the same or similar research proposal. Additionally, winners are not eligible to apply for a period of 3 years subsequent to the end of their agreement with GDN.
- Past and current ORD reviewers are not eligible to take part in the competition.
How to Apply:
- Submit your application on the Online Application Form
- Follow to GDN’s dedicated online submission platform using the following link:
- Register or Log in into the platform to have access to your profile. You will
- receive an email confirming the successful registration of your profile and only
- after verifying your profile, will you be able to submit an application.
- Take note that you will have to accept the terms and conditions of the Awards Force platform as well as the terms and conditions of the Global Development Awards Competition which state every aspect available on the Call for Proposals. On your profile page, you will have access to My entries where you may either resume (selecting the entry you would like to continue from the list) or start entry.
- Select “Call for Proposals” under Category.
- In case you need to exit the application and complete it at a later time, click on Save + Close. You may return and complete your application on the online platform before the closing date (30 September 2020) but it will be considered as submitted only if you press Submit Entry.
- Take note that you will be able to resume your entry at any time up to the deadline. If there are duplicate entries, the most recent one will be considered as only one proposal per applicant is allowed.
- You will be asked to provide the details of the proposal and applicable personaldetails of each member of the research team.
- Upload your proposal, organizational profile and CV’s on the Attachments tab,
- one at a time.
- Once you have completed your application, click on Submit Entry. You will receive an email notifying you on the successful submission of your application.
Deadline: 30 September 2020 (Indian Standard Time 6:00 PM).
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd