Applications Invited for ASEAN-India Science & Technology Development Fund (AISTDF)
Organization: Department of Science & Technology (DST)
Apply By: 01 Apr 2021
Grant Amount: 500000 INR
About the Organization:
Department of Science & Technology (DST) was established in May 1971, with the objective of promoting new areas of Science & Technology and to play the role of a nodal department for organizing, coordinating and promoting S&T activities in the country. The Department of Science & Technology plays a pivotal role in promotion of science & technology in the country. The department has wide ranging activities ranging from promoting high end basic research and development of cutting edge technologies on one hand to service the technological requirements of the common man through development of appropriate skills and technologies on the other
ASEAN-India Science & Technology Development Fund (AISTDF)
India S&T Collaboration started formally in 1996 with establishment of ASEAN India S&T working Group (AIWGST). Initially, the collaborative ASEAN-India S&T activities were supported through ASEAN India Fund (AIF). In 2008, Government of India established a dedicated fund viz ASEAN India S&T Development Fund (AISTDF) to support R&D projects and associated project development activities.
The main objectives of ASEAN-India Science, Technology and Innovation cooperation are based on following principles -
- Encourage and promote cooperation in science, technology and innovation, including through joint research activity, and development on cross-sectoral areas such as health, communicable and emerging infectious diseases, environmental management, climate change adaptation and mitigation measures, agricultural technologies, alternative energy, biodiversity, food processing, advanced materials for development of value-added products, and space technology and applications;
- Encourage and promote cooperation in biotechnology including through capacity building and joint research and development for mutual benefit;
- Undertake activities and develop program / projects under the ASEAN-India Science and Technology Development Fund;
- In order to support collaborative Research & Development (R&D) and to facilitate sharing of advance research facilities among researchers of ASEAN MS and India, India and ASEAN agrees to institute the scheme “ASEAN-India Collaborative R&D Program.
The following types of proposals shall not be considered:
- Applicants who have an existing collaborative project which already covers travel and living expenses;
- Purely individual visits / training programme;
- Organisation of Seminars / Workshops or participation in a Conference / Congress.
Priority research areas:
- All disciplines of natural sciences, medicine, health, Mathematics, electronics & IT, science & technology (social sciences & humanities are not covered). The research areas should be ASEAN centric and be aligned with the ASEAN Plan of Action on Science, Technology and Innovation 2016-2025
Scientists with an appointment as a faculty member at an eligible Indian/ASEAN MS institution can apply as Principal Investigator (PI). The appointment of the PI must last at least until the end of the project. Additionally to project may include at least one PhD student or postdoctoral scientist on each side. The total number of participants on each side should not exceed two.
Eligible institutions in India:
- Universities, Publicly Funded Research Institutes and Labs and educational /academic Research Institutes.
Eligible institutions in ASEAN MS:
- All Research Institutions, Universities, other Research and Academic Institutions which are eligible to receive funding through ASEAN are eligible for receiving funding under AISTDF
- To intensify interaction and scientific cooperation between Indian and ASEAN scientists / institutions
- To connect existing but separately funded research projects in India and ASEAN MS
- To enhance academic training and development of young scholars
The funds under AISTDF are available only in INR. Therefore, budget / funds must be projected only in Indian rupee in accordance with following guidelines -
- The total grant as recommended by the Evaluation Committee and approved by the Governing Council of the AISTDF shall be released and placed at the disposal of lead Indian Institute in INR.
- Generally, the funds shall be provided to support mobility of researchers from India to partnering ASEAN MS and vice versa. However, some incremental funding ie salary for scientific manpower (One JRF/SRF/RA/Post-doc etc), accessories and minor component, add-ons to existing equipment (up to Rs. 0.5 Million INR); chemicals and consumables (up to Rs 0.3 Million per year) shall be supported to Indian lead project Investigator.
- General norms to support mobility of project participants
Project duration: 24-36 months (No extension with or without additional cost beyond 3 years duration of the project)
For more information please check the Link
Latest Online Store
Latest Tenders And EOIs
© Renalysis Consultants Pvt Ltd